Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Blazers and helical question >

Blazers and helical question

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazers and helical question

Old 03-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Blazers and helical question

I have an Arizona EZ fletcher that does pretty strong right helicals. I have been considering trying Blazer vanes.
Question: Can you put a helical on Blazers or are they meant to be straight or offset fletched?
I went to the Bohning site but couldn't find any info about how they recommend to fletch them or if they recommend against a helical.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:45 PM

Default RE: Blazers and helical question

I fletched my blazers with a Right Hel. from an Arizona EZ fletch and the fly pretty dang good. I don't imagine you'll have any problems. Also, since the fletches are so small you don't really get the big helical that you would think you would.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:01 AM

I also fletch the blazers right helical on easton st epics
Old 03-28-2007, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

That is exactly what setup I'm going to have, Easton St Epics and thinking of using Blazers.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right Helical with Blazer is what I do on my Carbon Express Maximas 250s
Old 03-28-2007, 01:32 PM

Straight fletched Blazers would be a waste of money and time. The whole point behind them is they are stiffer and spin better than softer vanes when fletched with some sort of offset.

You will need a drop a way most likely though, they are not forgiving at all with contact issues.

Paul
Old 03-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havent tried mine with broadheads yet, but using a pretty good right offset they fly really well with field tips.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:49 PM

I fletched some up with a slight offset and they fly just as good as my feathers do.

Paul
Old 03-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

i shot epics with right helical blazers on them this season...i shot 4 inch right helical feathers before...i think i had contact issues with the feathers...i didnt check...they got beat up quick and made too much noise for me..

blazers shot great for me. when i switched i was slamming shafts at 35yds...feathers i couldnt seem to get that tight of a group at 35.

broadheads? blazers are made for them. if i tried long enough i could robinhood a FP arrow with a broadhead arrow. my bow is pretty well tuned as well...but they fly just the same..thats with a bunch of diffrent fixed blade heads and mechanicals...

i will switch arrows...but they will have blazers on them...

ps...i shoot a nap 1000 prong rest and dont have a clearance problem with them. feathers im pretty sure i did..no matter what i tried i did...the cut in the prong is still there from teh base of the feathers..

oh...alot more durable...cant count how many passed through my bag and 3 inch hard foam target...they are all fine...one i sent through too many times finally got a small 1/4 inch tear..that arrow still shoots true..makes a funny noise..but shoots true...
Old 03-28-2007, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: PastorHunter

I have an Arizona EZ fletcher that does pretty strong right helicals. I have been considering trying Blazer vanes.
Question: Can you put a helical on Blazers or are they meant to be straight or offset fletched?
I went to the Bohning site but couldn't find any info about how they recommend to fletch them or if they recommend against a helical.
Pastor, i just finished these last night....EZ fletch, right helical....

Bo

Quick Reply: Blazers and helical question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.