HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   anyone have this problem? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/185638-anyone-have-problem.html)

jesmith18 03-22-2007 08:27 PM

anyone have this problem?

I just bought a dozen Beman ICS Hunter elite shafts today, and when I got home,I started tinkering with them and found out the knocks won't budge, its like their glued in or something. I've never used these arrows before, but shouldn't I be able to atleast twist them for adjustments, or do these particular arrows come from the factory like this? Either way I'm taking them back tmw. Anyone dealt with this before?

JrsyBowHunter 03-23-2007 03:03 PM

RE: anyone have this problem?

Hi, i recently purchased a dozen of the beman ics hunter arrows. the nocks in mine were really tight too, i had to hold the arrow with a arrow gripper and use a nock tool to turn them, i would rather have them tight then loose.

jesmith18 03-23-2007 08:42 PM

Thanks for the input. I'd tried using everything I could think of, but they won't budge. My knocks have always been tight, but these are ridiculous. I swear somebody glued them in. Didn't get a chance to take em back today, but definately tmw. I'm curious to hear what they have say about it. Hey JrsyBowHunter, do your knocks have the Easton symbol on em?

drhoyt 03-23-2007 09:19 PM

my brother has some beman ics's and they are really tight, but i can get them to turn. they are easton nocks to.

jesmith18 03-23-2007 09:30 PM

These things gotta be glued. I put wrenches to em and felt like the shaft was gonna break before the knocks turned.

jesmith18 03-23-2007 09:34 PM

Hey drhoyt, how do you like your ultramag? I've got one too. Pretty happy with mine.

JrsyBowHunter 03-26-2007 04:05 AM

hello again, i just checked my nocks and they are the easton ones

jesmith18 03-26-2007 09:33 AM

Wow, Itook em back to see what they thought, he put a knock wrench on and had to work a bit, but got em to spin and they made the same sound they made when I thought I was going break the arrow if I continued. They sure do make a weird sound when you twist em, I've never heard that on any arrow i've ever used before. Their the Easton super nocks and wow do they fit tight. Thanks again for everyone's input.

BGfisher 03-26-2007 01:52 PM

I've had a few like that in the past. Just one more reason I like to get better quality arrows. It's probably not the nocks, just slightly undersized arrows. A thousandths of an inch can make a huge difference.

jesmith18 03-26-2007 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

I've had a few like that in the past. Just one more reason I like to get better quality arrows. It's probably not the nocks, just slightly undersized arrows. A thousandths of an inch can make a huge difference.
The arrows are bemans top of the line with a straightness tolerance of +/-.001 and a weight tolerance of +/- .002. Thats why I got em. That and they arethe only arrows around here that are made in the U.S. It was the nocks themselves, because I took the nocks off my gold tips and put em on the bemans and they fit great.