HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Blitzenburger "twist" (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/185318-blitzenburger-twist.html)

Primitive Weapon 03-20-2007 01:03 PM

Blitzenburger "twist"

How much twist do you guys put on your fletchings with the blitzenburger jig?

In the past, I have tried to get as much twist as I can while making sure I maintain contact. Too much and the tops don't come in contact with the arrow shaft.

Black Frog 03-20-2007 02:30 PM

RE: Blitzenburger "twist"

Straight or helical clamp?

Left or right helical? Be aware that theBitzleft and right helical clamps ARE NOT mirror images of each other. The left clamp has a 15 degree helical and the right clamp has 11 degree helical. The right clamp is easier to use with prong arrow rests with a set amount of clearance between them.

Primitive Weapon 03-20-2007 07:08 PM

right helical clamp

Greg / MO 03-20-2007 08:19 PM

Since I've gone to shooting fallaways (e.g., Muzzy Zero Effect), I attempt to put as much of a helical on as I can and still maintain shaft contact the full length of my fletching.

Primitive Weapon 03-21-2007 05:36 AM

I've had problems lately with the shorter vanes, 2" blazers and 2" quikspins. Since those vanes are short, they don't seem to get the same "bend" as the longer fletchings do. I've had to take some of the "twist" out to makes sure both ends are making solid contact.

Grandviewer 03-21-2007 12:41 PM

If you read the package instruction for quikspins they said to do very light twist because their design doesn't need it. That said some can be done and still maintain good flight control and like Greg said enough to make contact is all you can expect. Just my Humble opinion.

sinke123 03-25-2007 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Since I've gone to shooting fallaways (e.g., Muzzy Zero Effect), I attempt to put as much of a helical on as I can and still maintain shaft contact the full length of my fletching.
I'm going to start flecthing Blazers here in the next week or so. Do I want to have a twist in the Blazer or little or no twist with the Blitz? Just want to do it right.

hallj86 03-25-2007 08:34 AM

There is suposed to be no twists with the quickspine. You only do a slight offset on 1/16" blazers on the other hand I have not worked with and dont know their specs.

jackdee 03-30-2007 02:15 PM

I fletch the 2" blazers vanesstraight. I have had no problem with them. I know there are archers out there that would disagree with me but all I can say is try it. I did one arrow with a slight offset and one straight and shot them many times. I found no differance in flight or point of impact.

IADeerHunter16 03-31-2007 05:40 PM

Jack I'm still a rookie to archery, but I think if you shot those arrows with broadheads you'd notice a difference. I just started fletching blazers and use a right helical clamp.