Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Blitzenburger "twist" >

Blitzenburger "twist"

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blitzenburger "twist"

Old 03-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blitzenburger "twist"

How much twist do you guys put on your fletchings with the blitzenburger jig?

In the past, I have tried to get as much twist as I can while making sure I maintain contact. Too much and the tops don't come in contact with the arrow shaft.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Blitzenburger "twist"

Straight or helical clamp?

Left or right helical? Be aware that theBitzleft and right helical clamps ARE NOT mirror images of each other. The left clamp has a 15 degree helical and the right clamp has 11 degree helical. The right clamp is easier to use with prong arrow rests with a set amount of clearance between them.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

right helical clamp
Old 03-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Since I've gone to shooting fallaways (e.g., Muzzy Zero Effect), I attempt to put as much of a helical on as I can and still maintain shaft contact the full length of my fletching.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had problems lately with the shorter vanes, 2" blazers and 2" quikspins. Since those vanes are short, they don't seem to get the same "bend" as the longer fletchings do. I've had to take some of the "twist" out to makes sure both ends are making solid contact.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:41 PM

If you read the package instruction for quikspins they said to do very light twist because their design doesn't need it. That said some can be done and still maintain good flight control and like Greg said enough to make contact is all you can expect. Just my Humble opinion.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Since I've gone to shooting fallaways (e.g., Muzzy Zero Effect), I attempt to put as much of a helical on as I can and still maintain shaft contact the full length of my fletching.
I'm going to start flecthing Blazers here in the next week or so. Do I want to have a twist in the Blazer or little or no twist with the Blitz? Just want to do it right.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

There is suposed to be no twists with the quickspine. You only do a slight offset on 1/16" blazers on the other hand I have not worked with and dont know their specs.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Spike

I fletch the 2" blazers vanesstraight. I have had no problem with them. I know there are archers out there that would disagree with me but all I can say is try it. I did one arrow with a slight offset and one straight and shot them many times. I found no differance in flight or point of impact.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:40 PM

Jack I'm still a rookie to archery, but I think if you shot those arrows with broadheads you'd notice a difference. I just started fletching blazers and use a right helical clamp.

Quick Reply: Blitzenburger "twist"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.