HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   WB - what happened here??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/185071-wb-what-happened-here.html)

tschaef 03-18-2007 06:11 PM

WB - what happened here???

Anyone ever seen this before?
Its been on the bow for about a year with no problems, it was fine my last practice session. The bow is stored in a padded hard case, I'm pretty sure that nothing was pressing against my rest in the case.
As you would expect, I wasn't shooting too well today. Any ideas as to what caused this?

lifesadrag 03-18-2007 06:26 PM

RE: WB - what happened here???

Don't know' but I believe someone else had that problem about a month ago. Maybe you want to do a search.

OHbowhntr 03-18-2007 07:29 PM

Don't take this the wrong way, but....GET A REAL REST!!! The Biscuit is sooner or later going to go bad, and it's going to tear up fletches. Either a prong or drop-away either one will prevent you from ever having that problem again.

BigJ71 03-18-2007 10:04 PM

It's pretty obvious that something has bent the biscuit. The biscuit as you probably know is made with a metal ring, this is bent pulling the plastic frame with it. Take it out and straighten it out or buy a new biscuit, check the plastic frame for cracks. If cracked buy another, if ok re-use it as it will go back to it's original shape, especially with a new straight biscuit installed.

It'sa pretty sturdy rest so something has bent it. There is no way it's going to do that on it's own......none.

Don't take this the wrong way, but....GET A REAL REST!!! The Biscuit is sooner or later going to go bad, and it's going to tear up fletches. Either a prong or drop-away either one will prevent you from ever having that problem again.
No offence but that's a pretty silly, biased and obviously un-informed statement there. Whatever did that tohis rest would have damaged a prong style or dropaway as well. The metal in the biscuit ring doesn't bend by itself, you have to bend it.

OHbowhntr, the Whisker Biscuit is a well made sturdy and reliable hunting rest, there is nothing to "go bad" unless you damage it as in this case.

Straightarrow 03-19-2007 03:02 AM

No offence but that's a pretty silly, biased and obviously un-informed statement there. Whatever did that to his rest would have damaged a prong style or dropaway as well. The metal in the biscuit ring doesn't bend by itself, you have to bend it.
Ditto!

It's obvious that somthing heavy was placed on the side of the biscuit. Don't worry, it's very durable and you can bend it back to the proper shape.

JOE PA 03-19-2007 07:25 AM

Definitely looks like your rest got pushed in towards the riser, and the top part looks like it got pushed up. I've never seen this before, but I guess it is possible with the QS biscuits. I thought the plastic shroud would protect the ring, but apparently not. You can try bending the ring back out to round the shape and get a round hole in the middle again, or get a replacement biscuit. I am not currently using a biscuit, but I have used them in the past and they are a competent rest with good accuracy potential if they are set up right. Good luck fixing your problem.:)

Campo 03-19-2007 08:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

No offence but that's a pretty silly, biased and obviously un-informed statement there. Whatever did that to his rest would have damaged a prong style or dropaway as well. The metal in the biscuit ring doesn't bend by itself, you have to bend it.
Ditto!

It's obvious that somthing heavy was placed on the side of the biscuit. Don't worry, it's very durable and you can bend it back to the proper shape.
What he said...

hoytarcher1 03-19-2007 08:51 AM

Are you sure you didnt bump it on anything when you were getting it out of the case, a table mabey, or did you drop it, thats the only explaination i have for that.

BKE 03-19-2007 11:05 AM

That is basically really sucky luck. Either there was something in your case that really pushed against it when you close it (you would have felt that I'm sure) or it fell or hit against something when you finished shooting last. Did you notice it when you first opened the case or not until grabbing that first arrow to shot?? Could it have happened while you were getting ready to shot this time? Think, Think,Think. Oh heck, just go get a replacement. Like I've been told here, "Biscuits are NOT JUST FOR BREAKFAST" LOL.

PaBowhunter29 03-19-2007 01:13 PM

i had the same thing happen to me! i dont know why but i took it to the pro shop and he bent it back

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

Don't know' but I believe someone else had that problem about a month ago. Maybe you want to do a search.