Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Power Drop

Old 12-13-2002, 11:42 AM

Default RE: Power Drop

Rangeball this is what my dealer told me. He said it is a cool design and he liked it. he said it does not use a linkage system like the MZE does nor does it use a cord like the mirage & trophy taker do.

it uses a rod that is triggered when the bow is fired and the cables move forward and hits it thus generating force to move the launcher down. basically a piston type of action from my understanding. I think he said is may use a TM style launcher but I am not sure if I rememebr that correctly since a lot of other things where going on at the time.

I am interested in the design and I think it sounds cool. If I like it in the end I will try it out & shoot it for a while. if not I will stick to my golden premier. I find the concept more interesting than anything. I think this may be the product that could jump start the next generation of fall away rests, that is why I am interested, I would like to see how the natural evolution of the fall away developes.

I have no more info than any one else you knwos a dealer who has seen it through a rep. I am also not trying to start a pissing contest between thsi rest & any other rest. I just wanted to share some information on a product from a acompany that makes great products that I have used for many years.

Edited by - moonge on 12/13/2002 12:45:19
Old 12-13-2002, 12:43 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> the cool part about this rest is that you do not have any goofy linkages or hook ups & no string to worry about! <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Instead you have a goofy piston thing attached to your slide, or hitting your slide. Don't get me wrong I am also interested in a better mouse trap. But this rest seems no better or worse than everything out there.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for sharing... Guess now we'll just have to wait and see.

Old 12-14-2002, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can`t wait to see this one myself! I will continue to use golden premiers on my bows, I feel safe in saying that.
I am very interested in how this new rest could possibly work.

And, although I am a loyal to the core GKF guy, I will state again that I have set up bows with the trapdoor rest that worked to perfection, and you would be in danger of breaking something on the bow before you got it to prematurely drop!

Not cable driven, and not inertia driven? This is gonna be interesting!

When are they gonna be out?

NRA,UBP,BASS Member
New Stanton,PA
Old 12-14-2002, 09:59 AM

Last year I tied a cord onto my Bodoodle Bullet and made it into a drop away and it worked better than the Trophy Taker I was testing at the time. The Bodoodle conversion provided adjustable tension and complete arrow control to the fletching and there was no way you would ever get fletching contact. I'm working on my own design now that follows the same principal only I'm using heavier parts. Simply, the Bodoodle launcher arm is tied down against the spring tension and anchored to the back side of the string on a single cam bow. During the draw cycle, the pull cord anchor point rises and allows the return spring to lift the launcher arm to full height. At the shot the pull cord falls with the bow string and pulls the launcher arm down and out of the way. Good luck shooting.