Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Power Drop

Old 12-11-2002, 07:00 PM

Default Power Drop

ok guys I got some more info on the power drop today from my dealer. the reps are starting to really talk about this baby. the cool part about this rest is that you do not have any goofy linkages or hook ups & no string to worry about! I mean to me that sounds ultra cool. a fallway that is totally driven by the force of the bow without a linkage! man what a concept. AMO is soon so we should know more then!
Old 12-11-2002, 08:42 PM

Default RE: Power Drop

Sounds like a TRAP DOOR to me!!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 09:41 PM

DS....Trap Door ...Not even close!
THE POWERDROP DOES NOT work off of Inertia!
A totally New Concept.
GKF Tech
Old 12-12-2002, 08:06 AM
CG

What else does the bow provide? The rest obviously requires energy to fall-away so what drives it? If there are no strings or linkages attached then it has to be activated by the recoil of the bow......Maybe I'm missing something in the physics of a compoundbow.

"What we do in this life echos an eternity"
Old 12-12-2002, 03:57 PM

I agree with yo CG if there is no linkage or strings, than it has to be activated either by the recoil from the bow or the forward movement of the arrow shaft.

DS
Old 12-12-2002, 04:37 PM

Sounds interesting. I don't think anyone can beat the Muzzy zero effect but I'm willing to give it a try with an open mind. Don

Old 12-12-2002, 04:49 PM

Probably wont work on all the new vertical limb designs. NO recoil!LOL

Trushot }}------>
Old 12-12-2002, 04:58 PM

this rest will work fine on a bowtech patriot or any other bow like that. thats all I got to say about that.

I wil say also this rest will not drop if you hit the front of the riser like the trap door will....heck you could beat the living hell out of the bow & it won't drop till you shoot it.

This is not a Inertia rest! period. It also does not link up like a MZE either. New concept & design, you will have to see it to get it.

Old 12-12-2002, 06:58 PM

MOONGE,

Can you describe for us how it functions ? I am not asking for pictures or specific details. Just the basics of what triggers it. I think we are all very interested in this rest after we have now all been baited in by your comments. But just a little more info would be appreciated.
Thanks, DS.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

moonge, have you been given insider info then sworn to secrecy? If not, please share specifics.

Quick Reply: Power Drop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.