Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ALLEGIANCE..VIBRATIONS when shot... >

ALLEGIANCE..VIBRATIONS when shot...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ALLEGIANCE..VIBRATIONS when shot...

Old 03-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ALLEGIANCE..VIBRATIONS when shot...

Iagree that if he has an issue with vibration he should try out different means of solving the problem. Robin has an issue with his bow and he's looking for a cure.

I guess the big question is what type of vibration is he feeling and were is it coming from. If there is more vibration in his bow than someone else with the same bow then there is a problem and maybe he should take it to where he bought it, or other Bowtech Dealership, and have them check the bow out before spending money on vibration dampening items that would mask a potentially dangerous issue. That's the type of input I should ahve started out with.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

HuntingBry: I will agree that I am in the minority when it comes to the STS. I tried it on 2 bows. The Tundra it did squelch vibes enough to tell, but without it the vibes weren't really all that bad. On the McPherson Edge, it actually made the bow louder. Vibes were really not that much different. I guess if you can get them in the "sweet spot, it might be better. Today's bows really are nice compared to what we had a few years ago. I also agree that if vibration is the main problem with this Allegiance, then a supressor would get rid of that. My concern would be..."Why is a bow that should be quiet and pretty much vibe free having such a vibration problem?" Could be something that the shooter should know about that would be masked by the STS. I also found a major difference with my Liberty could be felt when I shortened the string and cables 1" each. Added 5# and vibration was cut by about 70%.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:08 AM

I found it !!![/b]

After trying 6 stabilizer$… After testing different arrow size$ and brands$.. After adding 2 Sims limb dampener$, after adding a string $uppressor system . After spying on my bow every single time I shot it…I found it. I found where the strong BUURRZZZVVV came from.

I was looking at my Tomkat and another when I noticed how close the cams where to the branches. When I looked at my new Allegiance 07 too compare, I noticed that the space between the cams and the branch was microscopic. I checked the sides and saw traces of both cams slightly rubbing on the branches..ah ha ! voila !!

Now, after putting spacers on both cams, the top one is still too close (a paper will hold in place when put in between the top cam & the branch.)

So when shooting, the top cam always rubs and transferring shock to the branches.) Bummer!!! And worst...sometimes It let’s out this little burned smell from the rubbing!!

Thanks for the advice guys, . I found it.
[/b]
So check your cams when you buy your Bowtech bows

P.S: Who said it was ok to put that bow in the box??!!!!!!!

Have fun shooting
Old 03-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Robin,

Some else on a thread was talking about the same issue. Did you put the spacer in yourself? Or, have a dealership do it for you? Eitherway, you should call bowtech and tell them about the issue. I know that my cams are very close but do not rub and I believe all of the '07 allegiances are llike that.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe it was Muzzyman88 that had that same issue. He took it to his shop and they got it taken care of for him (for the most part). You should PM him to get the details.

I'm glad you found it. Good luck.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:36 AM

I ahve an 06 Ally and had a vibration sound,I had a Trophy Ridge mantis sight.Just changed to a Copper John.No more sound.Deadly quiet