Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ALLEGIANCE..VIBRATIONS when shot... >

ALLEGIANCE..VIBRATIONS when shot...

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ALLEGIANCE..VIBRATIONS when shot...

Old 03-15-2007, 09:36 AM

Default ALLEGIANCE..VIBRATIONS when shot...

I just got my bowtech allegiance and it vibrates when shot??
Wasn't expecting that from this hi-end expensive bow.

I am shooting at 60 pds with an proghorn trophy taker, and A/C/C 339 28 inches arrow...

Anybody have the same experience....what did you do ?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:01 AM

Default RE: ALLEGIANCE..VIBRATIONS when shot...

I have the same bow, no vibe though. Shooting a 430 grain axis arrow. Did you check to make sure everything was tight(i.e. screws,sights,stabilizer)?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

What do you mean by "vibrations" when shot? Do you mean that you feel some vibes in the grip as the arrow is released? Is that the full setup you are using?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Allegiance, fully rigged doesn't have much in the handle. It does however have a little more than the Guardian I must say. Bare bow is where I really noticed the difference in the two. But since loading my Allegiance up, they are very similar IMO.

Check to make sure everything is tight. When its new, sometimes the mod screws in the cams can back out a few times until it settles in.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only vibration I've ever noticed in my Allegiance was before I loc-tited the mod screws in, as Muzzyman said. Be sure to use the appropriate loc-tite, as per your owner's manual.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check your limb dampeners..Make sure they are at the end of the limbs near where the cam hole is..but also make sure they do not interfere with the cam movement.

Also at 60# if it's a 60-70lb bow you may sense more vibration than if you had it at least mid-range..the higher the poundage the less string vibration you'll feel. I tried turning mine down to 60 for league..it still shot good but twanged like some old hill-billy banjo.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:15 PM

Allegiance, still makes noise
[ol][*]Screws are dead tight.[*]The limb dampeners arewell placed at the end of limbs.[*]There is no sight on the bow, just a drop away arrow rest and a 10oz, 11 inch doinker. (Trieda multirod and a simsstab too).the doinker reduce a little hand shock...the other one did nothing.[*]Shooting with 28 inch 100gr ACC 3.39[/ol]
Bow is at60 pds (peak weight) andvibrates (BUURRZZZ))in limbs and hand...

Old 03-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

So it vibrates and makes a buzzing noise? Something sounds out of place. I have not handled this year's model but I did handle last year's and did not find this to be the case. Any idea what those arrows of your weigh? Excess energy not absorbed by the arrow may be being released into the bow via vibration and noise. I have not really noticed this with many parralel limb style bows however different setups do produce different results.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Spike

I just setup & tuned 4 07's they definitly have more vibration than the 06's.I geuss thats what happens when you slim down the riser!
Old 03-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I spoke to one of the techs at my local shop and he described the 07 Allegiance as a "tuning fork." Not wanting to believe this becuase I have an 05 Ally I decided to see for myself. While I would put it in the joy buzzer category, the lighter weight does come with a price. It had noticeably more vibration than my 05. I even had them put a Fuse stabilizer and sight on to see if it helped. It did, but it still had more vibration.

What I would suggest is getting an STS or MeanV CSS suppressor. Either one of these should significantly reduce the felt vibration in any bow.

Quick Reply: ALLEGIANCE..VIBRATIONS when shot...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.