HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Stupid question (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/183546-stupid-question.html)

BGfisher 03-07-2007 08:10 AM

RE: Stupid question

I'm just taking a guess, but did you move the loop down the same amount as the rest? If so then your tune shouldn't change much, but you also have to move the peep down a like amount. This may be the reason your anchor and comfort is all screwed up.

Also, don't know how the loop was set before, but the inside of the top knot should not be level with the rest. It should be approximately 5/16" above square to compensate for the arrow diameter. Start there and retune.

KodiakArcher 03-07-2007 11:00 AM

1. Move the rest down
2. Move the loop/nocking point down
3. Move the peep down
4. Twist the string to get the peep rotation corrected
5. Move the sight down

It's never as simple as it seems...

Greg / MO 03-07-2007 04:28 PM

4. Twist the string to get the peep rotation corrected
There... someone beat me to it. I saw your responses this morning, but was cutting it too close to being late for our district meeting...

I was gonna say -- I doubt you'll need a new string, unless you've somehow cut it in the process. Aligning your peep back up is a simple matter of putting a twist in. No way you should need a new string yet, and especially not just to re-align your peep.

muzzyman88 03-07-2007 09:06 PM

Wash,

Your rest is quite a bit too high as everyone stated. I set mine up with the arrow running through the center of the holes. Actually, the closer you can get it to your hand without clearence, the better. It will reduce torque as stated and also, the closer you can get the nock point to the center of the string, the better off.

Washington Hunter 03-07-2007 09:13 PM

I'll have to wait until I can get more loop material and more serving material before I can move everything now.

With my current rest, it looks like I'll definitely have clearance issues if I move it down so that the arrow is even with the holes.

I'm thinking about picking up a Limb Driver rest to try out after turkey season, so I might just wait until then. I should have plenty of clearance with it.

Greg / MO 03-07-2007 09:44 PM

Pick yourself up a MZE and be done with it... ;)

Washington Hunter 03-07-2007 09:45 PM

I would but I'd have to order it, Greg. Nobody around here carries them. Sportsman's had 'em in last year, but they're not carrying them anymore.

Greg / MO 03-07-2007 09:47 PM

That shouldn't be a problem... just make sure you order the 600 PC model :)

Washington Hunter 03-07-2007 09:49 PM

We'll see what I can do after turkey season.

I'll have a debit card again once I get back to work in April, I'll just have to overnight express everything I order. I'm way too impatient for things like that. :D;)

600 PC model? There are different models to be aware of?

Edit* Won't I also need some sort of something to hold the arrow on the shelf to keep it from sliding around before I draw? With the new groove in the shelf, I haven't found anything that'll do that for me.

muzzyman88 03-08-2007 06:26 AM

Ah don't waste the time on the MZE. ;) If you want a full containment hunting rest, get an APA Twister. I've been shooting one for 3 seasons now with out any issues. Compact, Quiet and a breeze to setup. Not to mention full containment, even you if you like to shoot on your head.