HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Looking for advice on rests - Trophy Taker Drop Away or Trophy Ridge Drop Zone? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/183340-looking-advice-rests-trophy-taker-drop-away-trophy-ridge-drop-zone.html)

happyhuntin 03-05-2007 04:01 PM

Looking for advice on rests - Trophy Taker Drop Away or Trophy Ridge Drop Zone?

Hello,

I'd like to hear fromanyone with experience using a Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest or a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone Rest. I'm trying to decide between them for use on a Mathews Legacy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

HappyHuntin'

IL-Cornfed 03-06-2007 08:04 AM

RE: Looking for advice on rests - Trophy Taker Drop Away or Trophy Ridge Drop Zone?

Both are outstanding rest and in my humble opinion they are THE best fallaways on the market! They certainly seem to be the most proven and most popular on many of the forums. It could literally be a coin toss between the two for many folks. Personally , I favor the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone a bit more that the TT though. The TR DZ has proven to me to be an absolute bom proof product that had been able to withstand every weather and hunting condition the Midwest could trow at it. I've used DZ's on many different bow rigs over the past few years and they have ALWAYS performed flawlessly. I also believe that the Vertical laucher on the DZ truly does clear the fletch faster than any rest I've tried in the past. The TR DZ also happens to be THE quickest to set and THE easiest to tune rest that I've dealt with. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many DZ's I've set up on other folks rigs and I don't think there was ever a rig that took more than a few quick shots to have them bullet hole tuned and ready to go! Just my opinion but as I mentioned, you're getting a great rest either way. Good luck and good shootin'

passthru79 03-07-2007 04:34 PM

RE: Looking for advice on rests - Trophy Taker Drop Away or Trophy Ridge Drop Zone?

The trophy ridge drop zone is a good rest, I had problems with mine wanting to stick and not drop completely because it got a little dirty. After I cleaned it, it seemed to work fine. I shot a trophy taker last year and had virtualy no problems, itsa great rest and functions reliably.

gibsonhoyt 03-08-2007 07:28 AM

I shoot the TT Drop away and I love it. It also was very easy to set up. I went from a WB to the TT and I will not shoot anything else! I had a friend that had the DZ and he too had problems with it sticking and with it freezing in the cold freezing rain. The TT drop away has nothing to go wrong. My $0.02 worth

sr77 03-08-2007 04:20 PM

I shoota TT. The drop zone is a great rest, but the one thing I don't like about it is that when mounted, almost acts like an overdraw, which shortens your brace height thus taking away some forgiveness of the bow.

Shane