HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   BOWTECH LIFETIME WARRANTY (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/182854-bowtech-lifetime-warranty.html)

4TRACKS 03-01-2007 11:59 PM

BOWTECH LIFETIME WARRANTY

Looking to see if anyone can tell me the ins and outs of bowtechs warranty ???
If I buy a new 2006 or 2007 in box bowtech bow from an authorized dealer in ANOTHER State while passing thru on vacation , Will the warranty be valid .??
I herd you had to bring the bow back to the original dealer for warranty or repair number ? I f this is true , would I have to mail or deliver the bow where I originaly purchased it ?? Even if he 800 - 900 miles away /?
All these bows that are for sale on this sight and others claim to be new or leftovers with a warranty card for warranty .Are these bad deals because even with the warranty card there is no warranty ??

Please help me out here ..:(

DaveC 03-02-2007 04:17 AM

RE: BOWTECH LIFETIME WARRANTY

I'd E-mail bowtech directly and ask.

FWIW, when I had warranty issues I went to another shop (personal preference) and they took care of the problem for me. They made real sure I was the original owner, but after that they helped me out. I think it was up to their discretion though.

Shops open & close all the time & people move so I doubt youALWAYS have to take it back to the original place of purchase.

nodog 03-02-2007 05:31 AM

Should be a no brainer. The shop shouldn't care if Bowtec reimburses the store owner for the time.

jim243SRC 03-02-2007 07:16 AM

no bow co. i know of will pay the shop labor cost. they supply parts the shop will charge you labor.

PABowhntr 03-02-2007 11:02 AM

I believe they (the company) would prefer you attempted to work through the original dealer as it expedites verification of original ownership. However, I doubt any friendly dealer would turn you down if you needed work done on your bow.

Based on personal experience, if a customer brought in a bow that needed warranty work done, such as possibly replacing the limbs I know the local shop doesn't charge for the labor. I would think that would be part of the benefit of buying a pro shop only style bow. However, I can see, and have heard, of some shops charging for the labor.

As for buying bows with/without warranty cards...all of the bows have serial numbers on them so Bowtech knows which shops originally received the bows. I am not sure exactly how it is done now especially with the online registrations that many companies utilize but I know in the past many manufacturers required you to submit a copy of the receipt with the warranty card during the registration process.

Maybe Matt or Pat can answer this question better than I.

Buck Magnet 03-02-2007 01:22 PM

When the limb cracked on my 04 Liberty I decided to take the bow to a different dealer as I really didn't care for the work that the original shop did (poor service and just a bad overall attitude). I took my bow to the new shop and had the limbs replaced there with no problems. I had the bow back and awhile later the limb cracked again. Without going into too much detail, all I can say is that BowTech went WAY out of their way to fix the problem and keep me happy, they did something that is absolutely unheard of and I don't believe many, if any, other companies would have done just to keep me happy. It was at that point that I decided that BowTech was the company for me and I have no plans on changing that anytime soon.

glockman55 03-02-2007 01:44 PM

I've also heard if you weren't thefirst owner of a bow that the warranty is no good to the second owner, I found that is not true. At least with some brands. No sales slip was asked for on some Warrantywork I've had done on one of mine, a few different times.. No labor either. Find a good Pro Shop and stay with them.

cracka 03-02-2007 02:12 PM

Dealer doesn't matter for bowtech it can be taken to ANY dealer (listed in FAQ's on website). Warranty extendsONLY to the ORIGINAL owner - it is nontransferable.

Check it out for yourself: http://www.bowtecharchery.com/main.html

Information is located under Products, then click on either: exclusions, warranty service, and FAQ's to see for yourself.

cracka 03-02-2007 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: jim243SRC

no bow co. i know of will pay the shop labor cost. they supply parts the shop will charge you labor.
Unless it is part of their contract agreement for selling the bows and is covered by warranty. If labor is that invasive than thebow is shipped off to the factory. Not every part ofa bow is always covered ... which is where labor could be a factor.

cracka 03-02-2007 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: nodog

Should be a no brainer. The shop shouldn't care if Bowtec reimburses the store owner for the time.
I agree ... it is part of the package when selling. To each their own ...