Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arrow fletching. >

Arrow fletching.

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow fletching.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:51 PM

Default RE: Arrow fletching.

I use the WB with the Arizona EZ fletch and 4" V-Max vanes from vanetec and the work great.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow fletching.

you will never get the amount of stabilization using vanes thru a WB as you will with feathers because you cannot helical the vanes without risking dammage or even complete removal of one or more of the fletchings as it passes through the rest the wb also stops any spin that may have initally started off the string due to the the wiskers stopping the spin.
this is a major issue with me concerning the WB 100%fletch contact is completely unexceptable using either feathers or vanes. but if you choose to continue with using the WB I would suggest that you use feathers.

If you are serious about using vanes I would recomend that you buy a fallaway rest, GKF abd Cobra both makes a good affordable Fallaway. Use the Bhoning Blazers you get more speed and more maintained downrange speed and the same stabelization as a 4" vane
I could give you all the sprcs why the blazers work as well as a 4" vane but I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a debate butthat is my recomendation