Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arrow fletching. >

Arrow fletching.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow fletching.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arrow fletching.

If your looking to buy a real good jig ,go for the Bitz and save your money on buying another that you may not like .
I shoot blazer's as well as my friend's and my buddy shoot's his blazer's through a whisker bisciut ,because the blazer's are so short ,you don't get a whole lot of helical ,so I wouldn't worry too much about helical ,you'll get a bit of an off set ,but that shouldn't hurt.

nubo
Old 02-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bought a little mini-saw on eBay few years ago to cut arrows, works good for me. As for fletch I use straight. For me it is difficult to work with a right hand twist and i have no problem with arrow flight so stick with the straight fletching.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

I use a Bitzenburger and have a right helical clamp. I'm just learning how to. Does it mater how close or far, ( within reason) that you start the vane? I've heard that the closer to the nock the better. What do you guys think? Heres a pic of one I fletched with blazers,( Green & Yellow) and bought the other.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:22 AM
Spike

I have been flecting my arrows for a few years now. I use a Bitzenburger jig which I think is the best. I have others but I dont use them. I have gone to the Blazer vanes about 2 seasons ago and Im very happy with the results. The arrow you show in your picture are very nice. I glue my vanes about 3/4 of a inch from the base of the nock. if you look at the clamp you will see little marks, I use the next to last mark. I have a ? for you, do you have any trouble glueing your vanes with the Right Heical ? I have heard mixed opions about this. Since I started to use the blazers I have had great success out to 35 yards. i shot a Bowtech with a WB rest at 60 lbs. I wouldn't trade it for anything its the best bow I ever had and Iv had a few.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

glockman the arrow looks good! How many was that one?After the input I am now leaning towards the Bitz. I will be trying Blazers and I am getting a right helicle. Remember I shoot a biscuit. Anyone see anything wrong with this speak up please. The only other main question is glue, I hear the Goat is the stuff but someone said gel is easier because it does not run??
Old 03-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

I bought my jig through Archery Sports USA. On-Line.

BITZENBURGER JIG RIGHT, Refurbished

$46.86
As for the Rt. helical, theglue I used isFletch Tite Platinum. I'm sure there are better glues out there, but I'm just getting started. The blazers haven't shown any attement of coming off, but I shoot off a drop-away rest.and I've shot them alot. I have a 1/2 doz. Gold Tip XT hunters that I'm stripping to re-fletch with blazers.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

Nice lead on the Bitz, was it in new shape with instructions and all?
Old 03-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Yes very good shape, like new condition, I got copy of instructions from a friend, I'm sure you can find them on-line too.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Just wanted to update. I tried the reconditioned one and the one I got was a piece of junk. It had gouges and chunks of metal stuck up in the clamp and the clamp was bent. The jig itself had a cob job repair trying to rebuild the top arrow holder. You got a good one. Mine went back in the box and mailed back. Will be going to Gander tonight!! They had no problems taking it back or at least said they did not. Said they would credit the card when they got it back. Oh well.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a used Bitz on archerytalk.com, many are available on ebay also. Bitz is the only way to go. I also fletch rH helical and use a wisker bisquit with excellent results. No vane damage at all.

Quick Reply: Arrow fletching.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.