Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 UPDATE - Allegiance Issue >

UPDATE - Allegiance Issue

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

UPDATE - Allegiance Issue

Old 02-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default UPDATE - Allegiance Issue

I finally got the call from my shop that my limbs came in today and they swapped them out. Problem solved. I went down tonight right after work to pick it up. After leaving and heading down the road, I noticed something that just about made me go off the deap end. There is a major scratch, or scratches in the riser that were not there before I took it down. I have pics to prove it. I don't know what the hell they did when they pressed this thing, but its a hell of a looking mess IMO.

Here is the before and after pics of this bow. Would anyone else here be pissed? I don't know where to begin. Its been over 3 weeks to get the limbs, and now this. I really don't want to go to this shop raising hell as its the only Bowtech dealer close enough to me. But I'm pretty upset by this. This is the #1 reason I hate anyone to touch my bows. I was worried about something like this. I know the finish isn't the big deal here, but I sell every couple years for new and make sure I take care of my bows. I have never had a bow look like this, even after a couple years of using it.

Sorry the first pick is blown up and kind of blurry.

Am I being unreasonable here?

Before

After

Old 02-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: UPDATE - Allegiance Issue

I don't think they did that when they pressed it,it looks like it was dropped to me.Regardless,that sucks.

You will have a hard time convincing them that they did it.A reputable place that new that they did it should have said something and tried to work it out.I have a feeling they either didn't see it when they did it or they are scum and are going to try and pass it off as your fault,either way,it doesn't look good for you.

That being said,I would approach them calmly and explain the situation,the best I think you could hope for is credit.I really doubt they will send it back to get it redipped for you.

Good luck,hope it works out.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:48 PM

Hell no you aren't being unreasonable! I would raise more hell w/ them than you can imagine, only dealer be damned!! They OWE it to you to make it right....They messed it up, they fix it. Simple.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

Muzz88, I am glad you finally got your bow back. How much more clearance did the new limbs give you?

With all that aside, I would beup-set also, because I try to take care of my stuff the best I can too. Have you ever had problems with this shop before, or has anyone else that you know of? Maybe a new employee or anunexperianced person could have worked on the bow (I always hate that). I would discuss it with the shop and if they could not take better care of people's bows than that, then I would have to take my business elsewhere, even if it is farther to drive. I would rather drive a few more miles to get better service.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tbyrd, to answer your question about clearenence. Its a TON better than previous. Bowtech made it right, I'll say that up front. Now, both cams have the same amount of clearence. I'll venture to guess its about a 1/8" now. Maybe a tad less, but more than ample.

I sent an email to Bowtech about the scuff marks. I also offered to provide the before and after pics of the bow. This really has me pissed to say the least. This is NOT Bowtech's fault, I'll say that first. I can't honestly say if they did this to others or not. As I mentioned, I have always done my own work so I never had to deal with this. Man, I really wanted to get back into shooting this thing too.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any specific brand name of equipment is only as good as the shop selling it. I would never be so committed to a manufacturer that I had to deal with this. Your best bet is to discuss in a civil manner with the dealer what happened. If they are unwilling to fix the problem for you I would make sure Bowtech knows about the incident and that if they wish to continue having you as a customer they need to step in with the dealer or provide you with an alternative dealer, or fix it direct. Make sure the dealer has first shot at fixing the problem though as your first step because if in the weird case they were not aware they will at least have a chance to make right with you before you go to the manufacturer.

Just MHO and I wish you the best of luck in getting this fixed.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

muzz ..... are you sure that is your riser? I guess it doesn't matter, but it's just a thought. I would do what Matt said ... give the Dealer a chance to make it right, then to Bowtech if they don't
Old 02-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

PreacherTony, yep its mine. I did put a very small nick in the riser when I put my STS on it. Its there.

Man, I never in my life envisioned this type of nightmare unfolding.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unreasonable??? No way!!! What would you say if a shop did that to the wood stock on your $1000.00 custom rifle while mounting your scope. You'd be mad as heck, just as you should in this case. If your shop doesnt fix it I would advise bowtech and never use that shop again.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:50 PM

That really sucks. I'd be pissed too; it's too bad you didn't notice that before you left the shop. I'd do what Rick recommended , go back to the dealer w/ the pics. and talk to the owner calmly. If you get no satisfaction then call Bowtech.
Sorry about the scratch!!

Quick Reply: UPDATE - Allegiance Issue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.