Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 STS vibration systems. >

STS vibration systems.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

STS vibration systems.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default STS vibration systems.

Do these STS systems that mount in the stabilizer hole work? Do they wear out your string? Does the front mount option still allow you to have a stabilizer? Any info would help me get off the fence on buying one. It would be nice to take the silencers off my string like they say you can? Thanks fellas.....
Old 02-18-2007, 08:26 PM

Default RE: STS vibration systems.

They absolutely work. You need to serve the string where it hits the stopper, but otherwise the string will hold up fine.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just "jumped off the fence" this year and put one on my new Allegiance. I bought a custom made camo dipped one from a guy on Archerytalk. It looks a lot better and uses the same rubber stopper etc. as the original STS.

As for performance, they flat out work. They definitely help reduce felt vibration in the bow and also quiet the string very well. I'm not sure about taking the silencers off, I still use the string leaches in the string. But I want my bow deadly quiet and the combination did just that.

The other nice thing is that it will stop the string before it can get to your arm. This isn't an issue until you start throwing layers on during hunting season and the added bulk can be a concern. I really like mine and highly recommend them.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, I bought one just to see what it would do and I love it. I have one on my 06 Tribute and will put one on my new Guardian, even though it doesn't really need any dampening. I would suggest serving the string.

Kel
Old 02-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Do these STS systems that mount in the stabilizer hole work?" YES, they work exceptionally well which is exactly why manufacturers like Hoyt are scrambling to produce a factory standard model. They are NOT gimmicks, they actually soak up shot vibes like a sponge!

"Do they wear out your string?" No, they are not that hard on the string at all. In fact many different models don't experience even any fuzziness of the bowstring. However, to prevent any wear they do aupply a small amount of serving to wrap around the contact area of the string. Wear just isn't anything to worry about.

"Does the front mount option still allow you to have a stabilizer?" Yes, it's a simplethrough bolt design that allows you to screw the stabilizer straight intoit. Honestly,I have NO interest in shooting a rig that isn't equipped with an STS.

Here's my STS front mount equipped Trykon

Old 02-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Sign me up! Thanks for the advice!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 07:19 PM

And ona Trykon, they absolutely work like magic!! It's amazing the difference they make on a Trykon...
Old 02-20-2007, 06:46 AM

The really do work.

Hoyt has them standard on the Vectrix and Vulcan this year and it makes a big difference. It worked wonder on my 07 Allegiance that had a pretty noticeable "twang" when shot. It took it away almost completely.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

They also stop the string the same each time and i think i've seen smaller arrow groups because of that,also string interference with hunting clothing just doesn't happen with an STS on my bow--awesome gadget!