Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Release

Old 02-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Release

You might be better off investing in a back tension release to learn what a good shot feels like and then just using the release you have.

Just throwing that out there.

I have one of these and at $50.00,hard to beat to learn with. Tru ball ultra 3

http://www.truball.com/TRUTension.html
Old 02-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

i may try it but my release now is just like a $20 wally world and now that i think of it, its a tru fire.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

You originally posted it was a Tru Ball.If it is a Tru Fire from Wal mart,then you may want to look into a better one.The ones I showed you will be fine.

There are some decent thumb triggers under $100.00 but I have not seen one yet that did not have alot of trigger travel.Maybe someone else has.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would recommend getting a slightly used quality release rather than a new one that isn't of great quality. You can usually get a top of the line TRU Ball on AT.com classifieds for $75-$90.

I have had a TRU Ball Ultra Xtreme, as well as their ST-3. Both when adjusted right had no noticable trigger travel. It's all in how you adjust them. The ST-3 actually boasts the least amount of trigger travel in the industry at .001 movement, I can't notice any movement in mine.........it breaks like glass for me.

I amcurrently using the ST-3 for nearly everything from 3D to hunting to indoor, for hunting it's pretty cool because there isn't a head that needs closed on theloop, you just hook it up and shoot. When hunting I use their modular wrist strap just so I don't drop it.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Spike

I think I am going to purchase the new 3d Hunter from Tru-Fire. Does anyone know if this release has much travel to it.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:04 PM

You arent going to get a hole lot of adjustments w/ the tru-fire. Its just a cheaper rip off of the tru-balls. I too would check archery talk. Look for a Saber Tooth. If I still had mine I'd sell it to ya. Good luck.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:30 PM

Southerncross the true Fire 3D hunter has some thumb placement adjustment on the trigger and the jaws pressure adjustment is easy to work for less or more.

For the money it helps with my form and it can be used for back tension style releasing. To me it's a cross over releasebewteen the trigger style to the true expensive back tension type. I like to shut both ways and you can with this one.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good idea Rick,I don't know why I didn't think of that.There are definately some good buys on used releases.

I haver a chappy myself but i am not wanting to sell it and I have a carter Fits me too.I prefer the carters over the tru ball but that is me.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ill say it again the Primos .44 caliper release you can set the tension and right out of the box you can blow it and set it off improved my groups greatly and only costs 32 dollars
Old 02-20-2007, 05:11 AM

hair triggers only make things better for a little bit - you'll see.

Quick Reply: New Release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.