Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Release

Old 02-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default New Release

I am wanting to get a new release. I have just a plain tru ball trigger release and I am wanting to try one that will help me get rid of the "knowing when you are gonna shoot" method. Give me some names of some I can check out!!
Old 02-18-2007, 05:42 PM

Default RE: New Release

you mean back tension? you can shoot your caliper release w/ back tension. Other wise go to trballs web site. www.truball.com
and look at there releases. I'd stay w/ truball. I love 'em. There customer service is awesome also. If your just looking for one for hunting. look at there ST4, Saber tooth or chappy boss series. Good luck!!!

Old 02-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

primos .44 caliper release this thing is saweet
Old 02-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

i guess im talking like a thumb trigger release like the one you pictures, and yes itll be for hunting. How much will one of those run?
Old 02-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are not cheap.
Get the Talon head same as in the picture above you dont need the rope just hook it direct to your string loop.
Also if ordering new get the extra heavy springs. I have them in my Extreme and the trigger pull is about 8lbs and makes it real hard to punch the trigger so to speak
Old 02-18-2007, 09:28 PM

There not cheap. You can get them for $100.00 to $180.00
check lancaster archery supply or I think cabelas carries a few of the thumb triggers?
Old 02-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

well are there any cheap thumb triggers?
Old 02-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cheap and good really don't go together in this area. Most of the cheaper thumb releases have way too much trigger travel.The good ones without trigger travelare expensive,real expensive.

The Chappy,pictured above has almost zero trigger travel.

Ausie is right,you don't want light. 8# for a hunting release might be a bit much.I use a wrist release that is about 4#,ifI remember correctly.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

well maybe i dont want a thumb lol......could i get a good wrist one that will serve the purpose? may light trigger pull. I just want something i can be a little more accurate with.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just went through this with Atlas,you don't want light pull,you want small trigger travel but you need pressure to make the release go off.

Yes,there are good wrist releases.

Carter Two Shot is an excellent release at $85.00

The Tru Ball Short & sweet IIis the one i use and really like.Great release at $55.00

There are alot of really good wrist releases that are under $90.00.Just not too many thumb styles with little or no trigger travel.

Quick Reply: New Release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.