Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Diamond  Bowtech ???? >

Diamond Bowtech ????

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Diamond Bowtech ????

Old 02-11-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Diamond Bowtech ????

I noticed that a few people were having a cam ( issue ? ) problem with the cam and limbs rubbing on there 07 Allegiance bow .
I,m seriously looking at buying the Diamond Liberty or Black Ice compound bow .
Possibly a 2006 left over if availably .
Anyway can anyone tell me if there is any or a simular problem with either of these two bows from Diamond Bowtech or if possibly a 2006 model may be o.k. ? ( better ).
Thanks for your input .
Only checking not trying to start a bad post ..Thanks for your understanding and time..

Old 02-11-2007, 11:19 PM

Default RE: Diamond Bowtech ????

I have not heard of anyone having any problems with their Diamonds.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

The shop I work part time for has been selling the Diamonds for the last year or so. No problems whatsoever on the Liberties in this regard, or any other for that matter. I have a Diamond Black Ice right now and have not had any problems either. In fact, I was checking for it after reading the Allegiance thread and found plenty of clearance on both sides of the bottom cam.

Rest assured you won't have this issue with either bow.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:27 PM

Nothing wrong with my Liberty.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:33 PM

PAbowhntr,just curious how many new bows you got?It seems the list keeps growing every post of yours i read.( not that I'm jealous[8D])
Old 02-12-2007, 06:00 PM
bigcountry

You know what is strange is my 04 liberty VFTis different than the 06 liberty diamonds. Draw even feels different. Some pro shops have told me the Diamond liberty is a cost reduced liberty with a few corners cut on specs. I don't know, but I might consider a 04 bowtech liberty if it was me.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

PAbowhntr,just curious how many new bows you got?It seems the list keeps growing every post of yours i read.( not that I'm jealous[8D])
Dynatec,

My crazed-bow-buying days are all but over. I have only been getting one or two new bows each year to evaluate and hunt with. Back in the day...... A wife and two kids takes care of alot of "disposable income".

You know what is strange is my 04 liberty VFTis different than the 06 liberty diamonds. Draw even feels different.
I believe, though the overall design is similar, there are several subtle differences between the Diamond and Bowtech versions of the Liberty. The cam itself is probably the most notable. Though both offered very smooth drawing single cam designs the exact geometry of the cam changed from year to year. Modules from the Bowtech Freedom cam did not fit the Diamond version the following year.

Did I mention I really love shooting this year's Black Ice?

Old 02-13-2007, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

4Tracks, I wouldn't get discouraged by the Allegiance thread. Its my bow. It is probably just a freak thing and once mine's fixed I'll be good to go. The Diamond bows are excellent. However, I must say this. For the price of some of them, 649.00 for the Black Ice, why not spend the extra 50 and buy the Allegiance with the Binary cams? That of course is assuming you like the feel of the Binary's over the single cam.

That is the problem my shop had and the main reason they don't carry the Diamonds as a lower budget bow. They simply aren't that much less than the Bowtechs and most simply paid the extra 50 or so. Nothing against the Diamonds, they are excellent bows. If I had the extra cash, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. The Black Ice looks especially nice.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

No problems at all with my '05 Victory
Old 02-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am on my 3rd Diamond since bowtech took them over. I have not had a single problem with any of them and the people I have given the other 2 too have had no problems with them either and have said they have never shot better in their lives.

Did I mention I really love shooting this year's Black Ice?
Frank I dont believe I have ever seen where you have said that[8D]

I tell ya it is one hard bow to put down for the night

Quick Reply: Diamond Bowtech ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.