Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What bow for my wife >

What bow for my wife

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What bow for my wife

Old 02-12-2007, 08:54 PM

Default RE: What bow for my wife

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

I got a bow for my wife many years back........best trade I ever made!!!!
See there! The voice of reason has shown up!!! That's the BEST answer I've heard here in a LONG time!!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks mobo, the funny thing is, its not far from the truth!!!!!

BTW, I would look at the Selena also.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

doe, still ROFL at my own mistake. no she is 9 years old.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Let's see ... I think I would buy her a 70# Cardiac with a ....what is my draw length .....oh yeah .... 28" draw [8D]
Old 02-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Spike

I bought my wife a Hoyt Selena and she loves it. Very nice bow!!! Some of my buddies wives hunt and theyshot hers and now they are in the process of getting themselves one.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Spike

Funny thing about those women and most of you probably wont admit it but its proven fact, after they get a little practice you'll be asking her for advice.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:55 AM

that's funny you said that we put a X inchpost it note on our target and shoot from 17yrds.(thats all the room I have in our basement) and she just started to shoot a week ago, and she Gert's up set if all 3 of her arrows aren't in the paper. I wish I was that good just after 1 week.
smurphy<><
Old 02-25-2007, 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: smurphy

that's funny you said that we put a X inchpost it note on our target and shoot from 17yrds.(thats all the room I have in our basement) and she just started to shoot a week ago, and she Gert's up set if all 3 of her arrows aren't in the paper. I wish I was that good just after 1 week.
smurphy<><
Its the same thing when you start to take 'em fishin. At first they're asking all these questions and you're doing everything but reeling in fish for her. Then all of a sudden you're like: "hey....um....can I have that spot?" and then later its "...god d*mn*t you caught all of them over here, where am I supposed to fish!!! I'm not bringing you with when I go out with the guys this weekend!!!"
Old 02-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would suggest hitting a few quality pro shops and have them set up a few bowsfrom assortedmanufacturers. Fit is paramount in finding a bow that the shooter will be comfortable with and shoot well. Experienced archers change and upgrade over time as their abilities improve she will need to start with a bow that is fitted properly at the correct draw length and weight matched to the correct arrows and accessories.This time of year is a great time to try new equipment.The season is over and new equipment is arriving with superdeals anddiscounts onlast years equipment that has to go.A quality shop can helpher choose the bow that is perfect for her and she can shoot it before spending money on a bow thatmaysit in the corner because its just not right for her.