Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How to silence Whisker Bisquit? >

How to silence Whisker Bisquit?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How to silence Whisker Bisquit?

Old 02-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default How to silence Whisker Bisquit?

I shoot Beman carbon arrows through a WB with the proper size hole in it.
I get some noise while drawing, how can I quiet this? I am going Bear hunting in the spring and I want it as quiet as possible. So far for Deer it hasn't been an issue.

Thanks,

Good Hunting,
Bowflex
Old 02-10-2007, 06:00 PM

Default RE: How to silence Whisker Bisquit?

i think some people say that rubbing your arrows lightly with a bar of soap will help... ive never tried it
Old 02-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

I dont know if I would use soap in the woods, It may have a scent.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can try all the tricks out there-
Wrapping the lower bristles with mole skin
Rubbing the arrow with earth scented soap
Spraying the entire biscuit with armor-all (this really does some good)

BUT in the end I just couldn't live with the noise my beman ICS arrows and biscuit made together. I know the noise isn't much, but it isn't silence either- which is what I need for the dawn & dusk silence of the deer woods when hunting from the ground.

Good luck with it.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Site Bouncer

I have never had any issues with noise withthe Whisker Biscuit on my bowand I also shoot Beman ISC camo hunters. The only thing I can tell you is the same thing you have probably already heard. Try armor all on the arrows or Biscuit and see if it helps. I know you have said it's the correct size but you also need to make sure it's adjusted correctly as well. If the center shot is off this could also add more noise to the draw. In my experience the Biscuit works best when it is perfectly aligned with the nocked arrow. You will see no damage to the vanes and hardly any noise on the draw. Not to mention it will shoot fantastic for you as well.

If younever had an issue with it hunting deer what makes you think you will hunting bear? Mine makes a slight noise too but I have never had one deer spook because of it. In fact (depending on whatI'm wearing) sometimes my clothes makemore noise than my bow does when I draw.

Good luck with it.....and one last thing, if you really think it's going to be an issue then I suspect you have lost confidence in it and I would greatly suggest switching rests. Again, good luck and I hope you kill a big bruin!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:26 AM

You should make sure the hole is large enough. The fit is best described as 'sloppy'. The sides of the arrow should not be touching the bristles. Also, the more you shoot it, the quieter is gets. The bristles tend to get worn on their tips, and it makes the draw even more silent.

I've drawn back on at least 50 bucks while using a WB, and I've never had one hear the draw.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:55 AM

The B-2 Quik-shot biscuit will work just as well with the biscuit flipped overwith the black bristles to the side. This position will have the arrow riding on the softer .007 diameter brown bristles instead of the .010 diameter black bristles. The softer bristles will still support the arrow and they may be less noisy on certain arrow finishes.

You can get a good idea as to the noise an arrow finish will make by drawing it across a fingernail next to your ear.

I believe in keeping the biscuit clean with soap and water.

Same thing goes for arrows, keep them clean too.

Dust and dirt, treesap or any other contaminents to the arrowshaft or the biscuit will make a noise when the bow is drawn same as any other rest.

Adding anything to the biscuit will probably make it collect more dust.

Keep everything clean and wipe your arrows with a soft clean cloth befor you put them on the bow to hunt and you should have no problem with noise.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------->
Old 02-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

I've drawn back on at least 50 bucks while using a WB,
Boy you are living a blessed life .
A season in your shoes would probably up my game a notch or two!

Good tips arrowman, maybe I need to revist the biscuit one last time.
My Patriot really liked it.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:13 PM

Here is a link to the tech portion of their WB website,It gives several ideas about noise & how to quiet down the arrows. http://www.carolinaarcheryprod.com/tuning.06.html

Good luck, & let us know how it goes.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:14 PM

Take some of that non stick cooking spray in the aerosol cans that you spray on pots and pans and spray your bristles with it, the guy @ the proshop recommended it to me and it works great for me and all my friends, at first it has a slight smell if you put it right to your knows, but quickly dissapears, and silences the noise for weeks.

Quick Reply: How to silence Whisker Bisquit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.