Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Vectrix Vs. Vectrix XL >

Vectrix Vs. Vectrix XL

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vectrix Vs. Vectrix XL

Old 02-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Vectrix Vs. Vectrix XL

What would make you choose one over the other. Is it draw length, size of shooter or just personal preference?? I'm 6'3 and have about a 30- inch draw. Which would be better for me.Couple of other thing how much do these bows weight and are they draw length adjustable??
Old 02-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Vectrix Vs. Vectrix XL

Not muchdiff between them, 3"A to A, 1/2" brace height and 1/2" draw length. I've yet to find out their weight. I got the XL simply becausethe guy whoset it all up for me thought it was a regular Vectrix whichis what I wanted. So he charged $700 instead of $750. I got a 30", 50#-60#.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on what you're looking for. Me personally, I'd go with the Vectrix XL, it gives you an extra 1/2" braceheight, plus a longer axle-to-axle, which should make it a more forgiving and smooth bow. And you only loose 1fps going to the XL. If I had an extra $700, I can tell you I'd own one right now. I fell in love with the Trykon last year, but the Vectrix is supposed to be even better. As far as draw weight, pick your poison, I'd probably go with the 60-70, but I'd be tempted to get a 70-80, since I am pulling 72# right now.

Drawlength is NOT adjustable, but the weight (as in almost any bow) is. They "supposedly" made the cams specifically machined to eachdrawlength making them more efficient. So know what drawlength you need right up from.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

I shot them side by side and at 20 yards its hard to see any difference. But since i'll be shooting 3-D with mine i wanted the longer ATA and the extra 1/2" brace is nice too. If i was only going to hunt with it i would of gotten the shorter one. And i still might.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

How much do they weight? Can you tell me somethings that sold you on the bow. Smooth, fast, accurate, light??
Old 02-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

OK, I shot hoyts vectrix,mathews drenalin and bowtech allegiance and guardian and . For me I first likes the feel in my hand, the grip and balance of the bow where just what I wanted. I find that most hunting bows are to top heavy. What I mean by this is that if you hold your bow lose the top of the bow wants to fall forward. Both the bowtech and mathews do this. The reason I don’t like this is after adding a sight and stabilizer its really front heavy and I personally don’t like it. The mathews grip is like a loge, on my mathews I always change the grip. The bowtech just did not feel good in my hand nothing that a grip could not change for me.
Then on to drawing bows back the hoyt had the closest to what I wanted in feel. The bow tech seemed harder to me, and the mathews I did not like the break over on the new cam, I liked last years much better.
Next shooting them all are nice shooting bows but we all have our favorets. I liked the hoyt best I thought it stayed steady and did not move in my hand the best. The mathews realy let me down this year. I thought after last years XT the new one would be the best thing since sliced bread. Instead it hand some hand shock and jump to it(this was a step backward for mathews). This is the bow I waited for my dealer to get before I would make a decision. The bowtech I thought shot nice too, not as nice as the hoyt but very nice. I just was not crazy about the cam feel. It was fast.
Weight mathews was to light, bowtech was great, hoyt a little heavy but I don’t mind the weight.
As far as accuracy goes I could not see a big difference at 20 yards with untuned bows shooting a WB and crummy carbon arrows. I felt like I was shooting the hoyt better but I had tight groups with all of them.
I chose the hoyt because it felt good to me. I bought the XL version because of the longer ATA 36” and the extra ½” brace (7 ½”) with this I only lose 1fps in speed. I feel it was a good trade off.
Now that I have it and almost have it adjusted the way I want, I know I made a great choice. Wendsday night after changing out rest and re sighting in I started ripping fleaching and hitting nocks until I robin hooded an arrow then switched to a 5 spot.
So I would say that the bow is smooth, fast, accurate, shock free, but not as light as most new bows.
Remember that it has to feel good to you, not me.