Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 07 Allegiance Problem >

07 Allegiance Problem

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

07 Allegiance Problem

Old 02-17-2007, 08:38 AM

Default RE: 07 Allegiance Problem

Muzzyman I have the same bow w/ the same problem only with the top cam and by adding that washer the problem was solved and by eye the top and bottom cam look to have the same clearance
Old 02-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bchunter62

Davec If putting a thin nylon washer on on side of the cam fixes the problem whats the big deal.If bowtech put it there in the first place we probable wouldn't be having this discussion right now.I personally don't think new limbs is the answer unless bowtech is going to design a new limb with a bigger gap which I doubt there going to do.The problem ls with the cams when the lean.So like I said if adding that washer gives that cam enough spaceto lean which is going to lean alittle then just add the washer and be done with it.
Because without the shims there is NO friction between the limb and cam, with shims there is now some sort of rubbing friction.

From the factory there was a gap between all 4 possible rub points. Now there is not on any rub point (cam & limb cap). The only way I see this happening is if the limb cam lean is severe on both ends of my bow.

I'm not sure how much friction there will be with the spacers, butyou are wedging a washer where there was once nothing, one on each side and now you've got some serious removal of free space. The limb clearance was designed with a perfect gap in place, now the gap is reduced on both sides?
If thefriction energy loss is enough to see a noticable difference on the chrony it kind of defeats the purpose of buying a bow touted as the "faster" line-up of bows. If I wanted a slower bow I'd of bought an XT.

Maybe a shim on one side of each cam would remove all 4 rub points? if so- that may be liveable.
I doubt you could wedge 4 total shims in there though (one on each side).

BTW, I'll be going by the bowshop today with my bow (change of plans) . So I may update later.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:44 AM

you'll only be able to put 1 very thin nylon or teflon washer on i believe the flat side. you'll never get 1 on each side - not enough space.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:04 PM

I have an 05 Allegiance, that I recently changed cams for a longer draw length. When I went to add the new cams I used the same washersfrom the older cam, set everything up and went to shoot it, after the first shot I heard this buzz (vibration) so afterexamining the bow it was comming from the camsthe spacers were vibrating after the shot and I could move the cams left and right. I contacted Bowtech and explained the problem, they said I needed new spacers which they sent me. When I received the spacers which some were thin and some were thicker, after installing the spacers my problem was resolved. As far as the customer service Bowtechdid a awsome job, they could of just told me to take it to a dealer but I agree with some of the response to this thread, why buy a $750 bow and have to add spacers to it.Some people have had some bad experiences with Bowtech but they sure make a sweet shooting bow.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:38 PM

Davec Your talking about rubbing points what the difference if the cam rides on the limb or on a nylon or teflon washer.I bet the there would be less friction on the side with the washer.Also I'm talking aboutone washer not 4 I don't know were you got the idea about 4 washers.I had one installed one the left side of the cam (right handed bow upper cam)which gave my cam just enough room to rotate.Good luck with getting your bow fixed.And like I said before if bowtech would of had installed a washer from the get go we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:45 PM

I just wanted to add that I shot my bow thru the chrongraph before I had the problem with the upper cam and I just chrongraphed is again and there was no difference in speed
Old 02-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

I have an 06 Tribute and noticed during the bow season I had very little room between the limb and the cam. Its not rubbing, but I check it now every time I go out. Its bothering me.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

bchunter62, great news on the speed front. 4 shimms? well my bow is rubbing in 4 places so in order to make it stop in 4 places I'd have to go with 4 shims.

Traven, sounds like the 2005's had spacers.
Does your bow have end caps on the limbs?

After shop visit report-

Well fella’s I guess I’m just flat wrong in my assumptions that the cam shouldn’t rub the end cap.
I checked just about every bowtech at the shop and they all had some cam to limb cap rubbing. The Allegiance that was set up as the shop bow had complete contact on one side top & bottom. I didn’t see a single bowtech (sans Guardian) that didn’t have something touching in at least 2 places.
The shop Tribute had a complete air gap on one side like my bow USED to.
The Tomcat’s cams sure do come close to the limb and provide no margin of error. Which is fine as long as nothing ever shifts.

So I guess this is standard issue for the 2006/2007 bowtechs.

The shop owner pointed out that on his first Guardian’s limbs (which was dry fired and received new limbs) it had no end cap & showed me the old limbs without an end cap. The replacement set did have an end cap. So we’ll be able to age the early Guardians to the newer ones by looking for end caps on the limbs.

Are the end caps supposed to be wear items?

To date my bow has yet to rub any camo off the bow or shiny up the cam in any odd way. I'm happy as long as this is how it is supposed to be. My cam is no where near rubbing the Limb itself, just the end cap.

The shop owner also stated that he had discussed my concern with bowtech (last week) and they (who ever he talked to) said adding a shim WAS NOT advisable. New limbs maybe, checking the straightness of the axle hole was recommended, but do not add a shim.

I also shot a lot of bows while I was there and let’s just say I’m still very happy with my Tribute. Nothing in his shop (Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech & others) turned on my new bow fever.
I’d really like to see an Elite Synergy to see how they are handling the limb to cam clearance issue.

There it is fella’s I guess it’s normal for the cam to rub against the end cap near the axle. If not, I know a shop full of flawed bows.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:27 PM

Davec Thats funny because I talked to bowtech directly the techs name was Pat and he advise me that adding a washer was the way to correct the problem.You should email or call them your self and see what they tell you.Matter of fact ask for Pat him self I'm sure he would be glad to talk to you about the problem you having with your bow.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well after inspecting all the bows on the rack I guess I really don't have a problem- it appears to be status quos.

The difference in opinion on the washer/shim is interesting. I guess all the payroll “bowtechies” aren’t on the same page.

Quick Reply: 07 Allegiance Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.