HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Blazer Vanes (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/176359-blazer-vanes.html)

Buck_Slayer 01-20-2007 06:30 PM

Blazer Vanes

I just re-fletched my arrows with the bitzenberger. Which is about the best investment I could have made as far as a fletching tool goes.
But anyways, I was just wondering if it would be a problem to shoot through my wb. I used the whisker biskit all season, but that was with not much of an offset. Now I have about as much of a helical that I could get out of them.
I have a quicktune dropaway that I used on my pse. But it used the slide instead of a cable roller like I have on the matthews. I have it rigged up to work, but I wouldn't be able to hunt with it like this. I just wanted to see how the arrows flew out of a dropaway.
I plan on getting the dropzone by the end of the month and am going to be purchasing new arrows as well. I was just anxious to try it out and see how they fly with the helical that I have them set at.

Howler 01-21-2007 10:22 AM

RE: Blazer Vanes

Put a little touch of super glue on the leading edge of the blazers, and shoot away. They are probably the toughest vane on the market and your WB isn't going to hurt them, even with a lot of helical!

IL-Cornfed 01-21-2007 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Buck_Slayer
Now I have about as much of a helical that I could get out of them.

No more helicalthen you could get from a tiny 2" Blazer certainly isn't anything to really even consider helical. :DIt shouldn't cause any problems or be grounds for any concerns. Good luck and good shootin'

Buck_Slayer 01-21-2007 01:15 PM

I was surprised at how much I could get out of them. I think I might still just switch to a dropaway for next season. I am not really diggin the WB. It is nice, but I never really had to worry about the arrow falling out of the rest last season, because if I am walking around with an arrow knocked. I have the habit to hold the arrow still.
I am just looking for excuses to get new toys for this year :)

BUCKSdigME 01-21-2007 03:17 PM

I had a wb and it was kinda rough on my quikspins, dunno about the blazers though.

Ed McDonald 01-21-2007 03:52 PM

Because of the design , I wouldn't even attempt to shoot a quick Spin through a WB ! :eek: :eek:

in da woods 01-21-2007 03:52 PM

I shoot 2" blazerw w/a WB.Theyhave a slight offset. No problem w/them @ all. Somewhere on a thread here, they were the fix for 4'vanes getting damaged by the bristles. I do like the idea of silcone spray on the bristles, & to the arrows. Those ideas are from a forum here & on the WB website.

Bigpapascout 01-22-2007 04:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Ed McDonald

Because of the design , I wouldn't even attempt to shoot a quick Spin through a WB ! :eek: :eek:
+1 WB will flat tear up quickspin vanes
the Blazers will hold up a lot better through the WBthan most any other vane you can buy.

nubo 01-22-2007 07:28 AM

Shoot them and don't worry about them ,you can alway's throw a new fletch on if needed ,but as someone else said put a dab of glue on the front and back of each vane and your good to go.

nubo