Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bow upgrade?

Old 01-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default bow upgrade?

hey guys im 16 and i just outgrew my bow i been usin since i was 12....i had an alpine micro and it dosnt have the draw weight i want....so for next season im upgrading to a full size bow.....i was thinking some type of hoys like a trykon or something...i have about a $300-400 budget on this bow....any of you have sone suggestions on a bow/setup? and what time of the year is the best to start looking for used bows? because thats prolly the rout ill go on this...thanks guys.....
Old 01-20-2007, 09:59 AM

Default RE: bow upgrade?

For $300-$400 your not gonna get a trykon. Not even used. Most of the used trykons on ebay are still going for over $500. If i were you I would check out the martin lineup. The Bengal is $410 at my local shop and Is a sweet little bow. So is the Panterabut has a little higher price tag.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

You may have to change your expectations a little and look for a used bow. Just keep shopping and check out other forums. You may have to add $50.00 or so to get a used bow no later than 2005. Many guys have just got to have the lastest and greatest thing out there and you can take advantage of that by purchasing good technology with out losing to much money if you decide to change. I have purchased bows and acc.off these sights and been very pleased. Just research the bow you are looking for and find the right one for you.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:18 AM

PSE Fire Flite or Browning Rage One. You'll love these bows!!! Look into them!They're very inexpensive as well.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Since your only 16 I would suggest that you buy something with an adjustable draw length cam. You are still at the age that you can still have some large growing spurts. You would hate to find by fall that you out grew your new bow. Also some companies offer limb upgrades (lbs.) very cheep on certain bows. Just some thing you might want to think about.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

PSE Fire Flite or Browning Rage One. You'll love these bows!!! Look into them!They're very inexpensive as well.
+1 for the Browning Rage One
Old 01-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

You could get a good deal on an '06 Trykon on many forums as long as you do your research and buy the bow from a respected and trusted member. I would MUCH rather have a top of the line "used" bow than a cheap newer bow from a lesser company.

That being said, to bad you weren't a 28" draw and wanted a 60-70# Trykon rig? I will be selling mine and could even offer it fully rigged if someone would like?

Old 01-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

i have absolutely no problem buying used....i can handle a bow with a 60lb weigt...not sure about the draw on it though.....how do i measure that?
Old 01-26-2007, 07:26 PM

Also, look at the Martin Bengal, Pse's '07 octane, Browning Myst, Browning Rage 1, Diamond line, Mathews Mission archery bows, and all others in your price range. If your set on a Hoyt you can get a Laser Tech in your ball park. We are selling the last few we have in stock for $346 new.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys what about this bow? anyone have it or know anything about it?

http://www.libertyarchery.com/

Quick Reply: bow upgrade?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.