Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 is a sts really worth its weight? >

is a sts really worth its weight?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

is a sts really worth its weight?

Old 01-17-2007, 12:13 PM

Default is a sts really worth its weight?

I have a tribute, was wondering about those suppressors. Do they really make a difference? I have Simms super leeches on the string. Will I gain much more w/the sts? what are your thoughts people?
Old 01-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Default RE: is a sts really worth its weight?

I have one on every bow that I own.
They make a big difference, both in hand shock and noise supression.
Get one, and you will see, and you will LIKE!
Old 01-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have exactly the oposite opinion as Campo. You couldn't give me one. [:'(]

The few different types of STS systems I have tested slowed arrow speed 5 - 8 fpsmade the bow louder and all of them create a stress point on the string. Instead of the string being stressed equally along its entire length it is now stressed specifically in one spot. Think of an aluminum arrow. Grab it by its ends and flex it and you will get a nice even bow with pressure distributed along the entire length. Now grab it by its ends and flex it against a post placed inthe middle and you get a crease or break where the post is. The same thing is happening to the string every time you shoot the bow.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:01 PM

Did you try varying the distance from the string bigbulls. I have seen STS systems make bows louder due to not correctly setting them up.
Like anything, you gotta spend the time to setup properly.
What models and makes did the STS make louder? I am curious.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:38 PM

I recently purchased a allegiance and the first couple days I shot it with the factory hush kit and I installed a sts and wow what a difference.The bow was quite out of the box but with the sts it's dead quite
Old 01-17-2007, 02:43 PM

I wasnt a real believer of this product at first. I have an '05 Illusion and tried one after a year of a bud bugging me. The bow has virtually no shock to begin w/ and is very quiet. I added one. And to my surprise I felt a difference right away. It was dead quiet and made my bow feel as if it were shot out of a hooter shooter. The little vibration I had was depleted quit a bit. I now have 4 of them on all my bows !!! They do work!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a custom made one on order for my Allegiance. I see the advantages and enough people out there do as well. If I do lose a couple FPS, so what. I'm not too concerned about that. I'm more concerned about the quietness of the bow. I have heard that tnew EDS stopper used by STS, as well as the guy who made mine, is a lot quieter and more flexible. The older version would create a "slapping" noise when the string hit it.

Also, Hoyt started using such a device this year on their bows. I'm not saying Hoyt is the authority on everything, but their engineers seem to do a lot of good work when it comes to bow design. If they use it, that makes me confident enough to think its worthwhile.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

It made my bow louder
Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best money you will spend on sound/vib devices.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

I have a custom made one on order for my Allegiance. I see the advantages and enough people out there do as well. If I do lose a couple FPS, so what. I'm not too concerned about that. I'm more concerned about the quietness of the bow. I have heard that tnew EDS stopper used by STS, as well as the guy who made mine, is a lot quieter and more flexible. The older version would create a "slapping" noise when the string hit it.

Also, Hoyt started using such a device this year on their bows. I'm not saying Hoyt is the authority on everything, but their engineers seem to do a lot of good work when it comes to bow design. If they use it, that makes me confident enough to think its worthwhile.
I have a new Hoyt Vectrix with the new stealthshot; similiar to the sts. works great, very quiet. Another item that people overlook andmakes a bow very quiet is rubber cat whiskers on the string. I put these on my old Trykon and my current Tribute and it really made both bows very quiet. Total cost is $2.00 per bow, try these 1st before spending $ on a sts.

Quick Reply: is a sts really worth its weight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.