Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help please.  String and idler w/pics >

Help please. String and idler w/pics

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help please. String and idler w/pics

Old 01-17-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Help please. String and idler w/pics

So I'm looking at my bow last night and noticed that my string dosent sit on the wheel the correct way or so I think. Does this look normal? Also I noticed that I could turn the slide around and it could help. What are your thoughts?
Old 01-17-2007, 08:44 AM

Default RE: Help please. String and idler w/pics

here is the cable slide

Old 01-17-2007, 08:46 AM

that looks normal... the cable slide causes it to look like that.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:47 AM

Make, Model, Year, DL, DW...all info we need.

My initial impression would be to take it to a shop and get it checked out. That top cam dont look right.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:59 AM

That could be normal for that bow,however the top idler wheel needs to be straight up and down at FULL DRAW. Have someone look over your shoulder if need be.If it is not ,take it to the shop and have them twist the buss cables till it is.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's pretty normal for any bow with a cable guard and slide. However, looking at the string from the other side if the wheel it should come off straight, and it appears to be so. An easy way to check for cam lean is to hold an arrow (straight one) along the sie of the idler wheel and along the side of the string. It should be larallel to the string. If not then you can twist up one sie of the yoke as needed. In your case things look pretty close.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:02 AM

It is a 2006 bear element. What if i switch the slider around? I think it would help out with the angle? to do this could i just take off the rod and re install it with out a press(it looks like I can)?

Old 01-17-2007, 12:22 PM

Don't try to remove the cable guard at full tension!!!! You can grab the cables and pull them off the back of the rod if you want to swap the slider around. The slider should be in so that the cables cross at the center point of the bow and they should be in the slider so that they don't touch each other at the crossing point.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

It's fine...don't mess with it. I shoot an Instinct andit looks exactly the same.

However, if you need reassurance that it'sO.K., take it to your bow shop and have them check it out. Afterall, you need to haveconfidence inyour equipment.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:45 PM

Yep its normal w/ cable slide bows. Thats why I like my Martin W/ shoot through. No cam lean !!!!

Quick Reply: Help please. String and idler w/pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.