Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 purchasing a bow for the Mrs. >

purchasing a bow for the Mrs.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

purchasing a bow for the Mrs.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: purchasing a bow for the Mrs.

Do you have a GanderMtn in your area?

If so, go there and they will let your Mrs. shoot any bow in inventory.

My suggestions are PARKER Challenger and BuckShot. Go to www.parkerbows.com these two bows are available in low draw weights for youth or lady shooters and can be upgraded in draw weights for only $49.99 for the life of the bow. THERE is NO better value on the market.

The Challenger is a single cam bow with a set draw length. The BuckShot is a double cam with adjustable draw length from 18" to 28".

Go with the BuckShot, as your Mrs. begins to shoot, her draw length will change and you will not have to buy a different bow each time the draw length or pull weight changes.

If this is not enough to convince you, just ask my youngest daughter. She has become one with her PARKER BuckShot!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:24 AM

research the bowtech equalizer on here and on archerytalk.

I'm a short draw shooter and will likely go this route because of the performance it offers for the short drawed archer. Mind you I haven't shot it yet...but will very soon.

Check it out.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:51 PM

PSE/ Browningoffers the same thing the Parker does. We have done this to a few Micro-Adrenalins and Midas's.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:32 AM

When I bought my daughter a new bow, it didn't matter if the bow was designed for short-draw archers, or not. If she couldn't draw it comfortably, she wasn't going to get it. Some bows are designed with cams that are difficult for a women to draw smoothly.

Since she has a 27.5" draw length, power won't be an issue. Bows like the Ross that was mentioned, have round cams that are very smooth to draw. Women seem to like that, and tend to be more affected by "hard cams", than stronger men are.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would get a pse. I like pse a lot.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

After finally finding a few shops that would let us shoot the bows I think we have a winner. The selena Won ! She was very happy with the handle/riser,(enough room for her bonie little thumb) . It was smooth she didn't think it was as smooth as the Diamond rature lite but the handle on the diamond wasnt as comfie.All bows had there good qualities PSE,Hoyt Bow Tech,MAtthews,Martin on end on end on.....

A very affordable pkg and smooth bow was the Martin Bengel it came in 2nd place to the selena

OH and out of all this shopping it gave me the itch to buy a new one...I think the winner is the Hoyt Vectrics I am going back to shoot it tonight to make sure [8D]