Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 purchasing a bow for the Mrs. >

purchasing a bow for the Mrs.

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

purchasing a bow for the Mrs.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default purchasing a bow for the Mrs.

We have been rattling our brain, running from pro shop to pro shop shooting different bows. She shot the PSE, a Jennings(the model escapes me now), a bow tech and researched countless others..Some shops wouldn't let you shoot the bows they had ? No shoot no buy

Does anyone have any feed back on the tribute or the equalizer or any other bow that might come in a 50# 27 1/2
Old 01-13-2007, 08:59 AM

Default RE: purchasing a bow for the Mrs.

My brother was looking at getting a Hoyt Selena(sp) for his Girl. She shot one at a Scheels up here and liked it a lot. The price was a little high for them at the time. But they would definately purchase in the future.

Do you have any Hoyt shops in your area that would have one on hand?
Old 01-13-2007, 09:02 AM

Beat me to it. The Hoyt Selena is a great bow.....

The Ross CRR331 would also fit the bill, perfectly.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just bought a Darton tempest extreme for my daughter around those specs. It was used, a 2006. Nice bow and shoots very well. The previous owner won some triple crowns with it. It was around 350 with some extras. The 2007's are supposed to be very nice. If you can find a dealer, check them out.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:20 AM

Buy her the most advanced technology for short draw shooters, buy her the BowTech Equalizer with confidence
Old 01-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

I appreciate the quick response so far

I do have a hoyt dealer near me BUT !!! his thoughts are you buy it you shoot it no buy no shoot..

and the other dealer I traveled to see didnt have one in at the time
Old 01-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Mr October

I appreciate the quick response so far

I do have a hoyt dealer near me BUT !!! his thoughts are you buy it you shoot it no buy no shoot..

and the other dealer I traveled to see didnt have one in at the time
That pretty much sums up the customer service I've come to expect from Hoyt. The only reason I won't buy another. Dartons have the same cam system.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:17 AM

If you want a versitile bow she can use for hunting or what ever. Shoot some Martin bows. They are the most versitle out there. The Tigress is designed for woman . Plus you can have different style cams on. Single cam, Hybrid, or X cams w/ shoot through system. Which I think is awesome. personally. Also, are very affordable. Or theAdrenalin by Browning. The new '07 are sweet. New parallel limbs, machined riser. hybrid cams. adjustabliliy is very nice. Can get a full package under $400.00. My advice would be to have her shoot a few different brands. Most manufaturers have different styles and specs. and weight of the bow may change her opinion too!! Good Luck!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

We bought a Parker Challenger II for my wife. It shoots very good and smooth. The best part is that as your wife gets stronger , able to pull more weight, for $50 you can upgrae the modules. It's the #1 selling bow for women.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:19 PM

I think some of thsoe Parkers would be great. My first bow was a PSE Nova Extreme and it served me well.I got it in 40/50 pound draw many years ago. I think they still sell it.

I guess it's whatever one she likes best.

Quick Reply: purchasing a bow for the Mrs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.