Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 you get what you pay for >

you get what you pay for

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

you get what you pay for

Old 01-10-2007, 01:28 PM

Default RE: you get what you pay for

ORIGINAL: sngehl01

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

Are these carbon arrows from Bass Pro that are called (there) Carbon Tech, or are they actually Carbon Tech (as in McKinney) arrows? I would not be happy with that either, but it is about a 180 degree difference from my experience with Carbon Tech Cheetahs.
Bass Pro's arrows are dubbed Redhead arrows.

They are made by Carbon Express, I believe. There are Carbon Fury (10, 11 gpi, 250 or 350 spine, +-.006") 45$ a dozen

Carbon Supreme (don't remember GPI, maybe a half grain or so lighter then the fury's, .250 or .350 spines, come with blazers or durvanes, also come crested if you'd like, +- .003", have a "bufftuff" finish) 70$ and up.

Carbon Maxx (don't remember GPI again, .250 or .350 spines, blazers or duravanes, available crested, +- .0025", supposed to be a great arrow) 89$ a dozen I think.

I've had great luck with the redhead arrows so far. The Carbon Fury's are almost a mirrow to the dominator 300 (a little heavier, which could be good or bad depending on what you value more, KE or FPS).
Be that asit may sngehl01,They are Carbon Tech(as in Rick McKinney)asJOE PA asked.I would not shoot Bass Proarrows if you gave them to me.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:24 PM

A response I expected to hear.

I agree also. If I didn't work there I probably wouldn't shoot them either. I just get a pretty decent discount on them, and for the money they're untouchable.

I was just clearing up the fact (incase anyone would ever be wondering) that Redhead are the "Bass Pro" arrows.

Hopefully you'll find something that work well for you.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:07 PM

im sure if it is as much as cheap arrows as it is a fluke or posibly something it hit in the target,,i shoot the cheap wal-mart arrows and i have had absolutly no troubles with them,,my dad has even busted nock out of the end of some and it barely cracked the shaft if any at all, (but he did not shot them again), i have very little money to spend every year on stuff, so i look for cheaper stuff basicall, sure it might bite me in the butt one day but has yet to...just my .10
good luck