Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Stingers -or- Snuffer SS? >

Stingers -or- Snuffer SS?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stingers -or- Snuffer SS?

Old 01-08-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Stingers -or- Snuffer SS?

I finally decided on going with Magnus broadheads for next season. Problem is, now I can't decide between the stinger and the snuffer SS. From the reviews I've read, they both fly true as field points and do more than get the job done. I'm leaning towards the snuffer SS only because the screws needed to put the stingers together don't appeal much to me. Is there something about the stinger that I would be missing with the snuffer SS?

THANKS

p.s. do either of these broadheads come in a pre-season version? - meaning not shapened and to be used for practice.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:53 PM

Default RE: Stingers -or- Snuffer SS?

No, neither come w/ a practice version, but they are awefully easy to sharpen. I think I would recommend the Stinger if you're shooting above...oh, say 270.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:12 PM

why 270?

btw I only make 240. (27" draw, 60lbs, 400 grains total weight)
Old 01-08-2007, 08:14 PM

Some of the larger heads, ie, Snuffers, don't take to high speeds very well. I just used 270 as the line....not necessarily accurate though.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:22 PM

Oh the snuffer SS's are probably smaller in appearance than the stingers. The old or regular snuffers are definitely gigantic. Those turn me off anyway.

Thanks for your help mo
Old 01-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

i was debating the same thing for next season....till i found muzzys pretty dang cheap! that made up my mind. there isnt a BH out there that wont handle most hunting situations. the key with them all is the same...accuracy, consitancy and putting them where it counts. most fixed blade heads out there wont have a problem making a double lung shot. i personally like the way muzzys are held together..i had no reason to switch..just liked the looks of stingers or snuffers..but since i found muzzys cheap i bought a bunch and will be shootin them again next season...pick a good BH that flys well and put it where it counts...
Old 01-08-2007, 08:43 PM

It's funny you should mention Muzzy's 'cause that's the broadhead I'm running away from. Yes, they are cheap but each shot at a deer (hit or miss) means new blades. On top of that, I can't get my standard 3 blade muzzy's to hit where my field points hit. Of course that is possibly a tuning issue but with the Magnus, they stand behind arrow flight as well as have a lifetime unconditional replacement policy/warranty.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:58 PM

It's funny you should mention Muzzy's 'cause that's the broadhead I'm running away from. Yes, they are cheap but each shot at a deer (hit or miss) means new blades. On top of that, I can't get my standard 3 blade muzzy's to hit where my field points hit. Of course that is possibly a tuning issue but with the Magnus, they stand behind arrow flight as well as have a lifetime unconditional replacement policy/warranty.
ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. muzzys will fly fine with properly tuned bow AND arrows. i shoot muzzys and an switching to stingers as well though so dont get me wrong. only reason im switching is because the flimsy muzzy blades which need to be replaced every time they are shot.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:50 PM

I have been shooting Stingers for years now and they are absolutely GREAT heads. I bought the Snuffer SS heads last season and didn't like them as much.........not that they were bad........just not as good as the Stingers IMO.

I like the fact that I can shoot Stinger blades all summer and then just replace them the night before the season starts and go out with razor sharp heads that I have 100% confidence in.

I did have a Stinger break this year on the opposite side rib.......first non pass through but still good blood and dead deer. The 4 blade Stingers leave BIG holes and lots of blood to follow.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:52 PM

Quick Reply: Stingers -or- Snuffer SS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.