Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Stingers -or- Snuffer SS? >

Stingers -or- Snuffer SS?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stingers -or- Snuffer SS?

Old 01-09-2007, 06:55 PM

Default RE: Stingers -or- Snuffer SS?

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I bought the Snuffer SS heads last season and didn't like them as much.........not that they were bad........just not as good as the Stingers IMO.
Please elaborate. I need to be certain I'm going with the right broadheads before I drop 60 bucks plus shipping on 2 packs of the SS's. So did the SS's not leave big enough holes, produce less blood,or put deer down slower than the Stingers?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:34 PM

Have you looked at the razorcaps ? They are a well designed broadhead and I have not had one complaint with them since I started using them 2 years ago.

DetLieut
Old 01-11-2007, 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: MonsterBuckDreams

Please elaborate. I need to be certain I'm going with the right broadheads before I drop 60 bucks plus shipping on 2 packs of the SS's. So did the SS's not leave big enough holes, produce less blood,or put deer down slower than the Stingers?
The SS never made it into my quiver. I don't like having to resharpen heads and they didn't fly as well as my Stingers...........they flew well but I am a pretty tough critic when it comes to broadheads.

It wasn't so much that the SS were not good..........it's that the Stingers are great.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:43 AM

You know, I was out brousing around last night and saw auxilliary replacement blades for the stingers. This made me wonder and confused me a bit at the same time...

Now if the entire Magnus line carries an unconditional lifetime guarantee, how come there are replacement blades sold? I suppose for those who don't want to wait for Magnus to process a damage claim? Or does this mean that only certain parts of the broadhead carry the unconditional warranty and theblades don't?

Also, I seem to remember seeing somewhere, perhaps a web link, that the main blades of the stingers were replaceable with no mention of auxilliary blades also being replaceable. However, while out last night, I was only able tolocate relacement auxilliary blades. What gives?

Oh, sorry for the essay, and thanks for your help.

p.s. now leaning towards Stingers, thought I still don't like screws.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: MonsterBuckDreams

Now if the entire Magnus line carries an unconditional lifetime guarantee, how come there are replacement blades sold? I suppose for those who don't want to wait for Magnus to process a damage claim? Or does this mean that only certain parts of the broadhead carry the unconditional warranty and theblades don't?
The replacement blades are so you can just pop in a new one if needed and you have a razor sharp head ready to go. Magnus will also resharpen any blades you send them. I just buy new blades every year and practice with my old ones........night before I change them out and I am ready to rock.

Also, I seem to remember seeing somewhere, perhaps a web link, that the main blades of the stingers were replaceable with no mention of auxilliary blades also being replaceable. However, while out last night, I was only able tolocate relacement auxilliary blades. What gives?
They are all replaceable..........usually shops only carry the main blades in my experience. I get mine from Cabelas every year.

Have you seen the Buzzcutts???........they are sweet heads too. Basically a serrated Stinger.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:25 PM

Thanks for all your help atlas. I think I will go with the stingers since nobody is really chiming in withsupportfor the SS's and more importantly, there seems to be good overallreport/acceptancewith the stingers. A little blue loctite should alleviate my concerns with the screws. I think the stingers should have better penetration than the SS's anyway because though technically a 4-blade design, they resemble a traditional 2 blade. Top it off, stingers can be found pretty much anywhere. I've only seen SS's online.