Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Help Me Choose a Quiver >

Help Me Choose a Quiver

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help Me Choose a Quiver

Old 11-27-2002, 07:38 PM

Default Help Me Choose a Quiver

I'm trying to decide on a quiver to go with my new Legacy. I definitely want it to be quiet, removable, lightweight, and I want it to match the Realtree X-tra Grey camo of the bow (more for my benefit than hiding from the deer/elk, heh). I will be using carbon arrows with field or fixed blade heads (mechanicals aren't legal in WA). Here are the ones I'm trying to decide between:

Kwikee Kompound
http://www.kwikeekwiver.com/kwikee2.html

Kwikee Lite-4
http://www.kwikeekwiver.com/kwikee4.html

Alpine Archery Softloc 5-Arrow
http://www.alpinearchery.com/softloc.asp

All of these are supposed to be very quiet, detachable (and can be mounted to the tree when I'm in stand), and can be gotten in RealTree X-tra Grey. I have heard about the same number of good and bad reports on both. From what I can tell, I would have to buy separate arrow holders for the Kwikee quivers to hold carbon arrows but the quivers themselves are cheaper so that's not that big of a deal.

Anyone have any opinions they want to share?
Old 11-27-2002, 07:46 PM

Default RE: Help Me Choose a Quiver

I have old Qwickee quiver on my Legacy. They last a lifetime.
Actually they have lifetime warrenty. Only need one arrow with these Legacys. I have six arrow quiver on mine.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:48 PM

Alpine soft loc. It's like 1 big String leech on the side of your bow.

Trushot }}------>
Old 11-28-2002, 10:48 AM
pup

yea i have been looking for a quiver to and those look like the best ones to me.. yea i know what you meen about the mechanicals in washington i think it is a domb law.. but you can use mech for turkeys...

small but deadly
Old 11-28-2002, 10:55 AM

Alpine soft loc. Quiet comming off, quiet going on, mount damps vibration, easy to attach an extra quiver mount to a tree and clip it on the tree while in the stand.
I have not had a single problem with mine (only 2 years.) and the various mounting options REALLY came in handy with my drop away arrow rest (A little big...normal quiver location woiuld have been in the way).
The ONLY thing agains't it, is that the mount is a little wide,,,make sure you have a wide enough bow case (if you use a hard bow case).
Old 11-28-2002, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Alpine Soft-Loc gets my vote. I used different Kwikee models for years but the Alpine is THE better quiver.
Old 11-28-2002, 07:06 PM

Cat quiver is better than any bow mount quiver!!!
Old 11-30-2002, 09:09 AM
nub

The best one for your bow is one from Mathews hands down. The 2 piece is solid. But from the ones you list, I'd pick the Alpine. I have one on my bow and love it.
Old 11-30-2002, 09:48 AM

to be honest the best quiver for your bow is one of the mathews or a sagitarius. Both are high quality & won't break. They are rock solid, hold your arrows tight & are worth every penny they cost.
Old 11-30-2002, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Soft Loc by all means.

Quick Reply: Help Me Choose a Quiver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.