Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Speeding up my PSE Nova Help! >

Speeding up my PSE Nova Help!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Speeding up my PSE Nova Help!

Old 12-31-2006, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Speeding up my PSE Nova Help!

I would like to speed up my Nova and was wondering if there are different cam replacements that I could use or any other tips you might have for me to acheive a little more speed?
Old 12-31-2006, 09:06 AM

Default RE: Speeding up my PSE Nova Help!

There are a few ways to quickly increase speed. Lose arrow weight, increase draw weight, and ditch some of the string add ons.....brass nock sets, string silencers, stuff like that. What's the best way for you is hard to say.....
Old 12-31-2006, 09:21 AM

what shafts are you using?
Old 12-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Can I have cams changed by a shop or something like that?
I'm using graphite shafts Carbon Express Terminaters

Old 12-31-2006, 05:55 PM

I'm not sure of your particular bow, but changing cams really won't make any difference.....There aren't any other cams to put on there....You can however increase your draw weight.....And you can get stronger limbs, but to be honest, if you're gonna get new limbs you would be money ahead to buy a new bow.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

I have thePSE Bruin and im having the same problem. I have a 26" draw length and the bow is set to 58lbs. Hopefully this spring and summer I can figure something out. In the mean time I plan on extending the draw length to 27" because it feels a bit short and bumping my bow to 60lbs.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

some things you can do to speed up your bow
1:get a new string made from 8125 string material
add some speed nocks to the string and use some speed pro mAx 6.6 GPIarrow shafts, Speed Pro arrow components, Bhoning Blazer vanes or the small Duravanesand keep the string add ons to a minimum use string material or serving thread for nocking sets instead of the brass ones, tubless peeps. you can gain 35 fps more or lessby doing this
Old 01-01-2007, 12:52 PM

The NOVA is a great bow for the price. However, it is not a speed bow by any means. The increase in draw weight and reduce arrow weight will give you the most increases in speed, but you could easily violate your warrenty. PSE calls for a 6 grains of arrow weight per pound of draw weight on the Nova. This doesn't give you much room for increasing speed.

If you need speed at any cost, you will be better served getting another bow. There aremany availableout there thatare much faster than the Nova. However, please remember the saying, Speed thrills, but Accuracy Kills.

If you are not going below the 6 gpp, the above suggestions will improve your speed by a few fps.