Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 BowMender help.  (WWAG) >

BowMender help. (WWAG)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BowMender help. (WWAG)

Old 12-30-2006, 09:34 PM

Default BowMender help. (WWAG)

I tried to send you a PM WWAGs, but your box was full.

So, I will ask my question here. . .

I don't know what is happening, but when I go to press a '06 ProElite with XT2000 limbs, thestrap seems to become extremely hard to ratchet, almost impossible for me to get enough length out of the strap to get the limbs pressed. I can get some pressure off the limbs, just not enough to get the string/cables off.

I start with all of the slack out of the strap, along with having the bolts as close to the pockets and to the cams as possible.

I am going through to try and tune my bow according to JAVI's directions(which requires the limbs to be bottomed out). Thatwas my only idea of why this bow seems to press extremely hard.

The '06 Trykon I have, presses extremely smooth and easy.I am assuming thishas something to do with the parallel limbs and or preload on the limbs?

So, if you could offer me some assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Bols
Old 12-30-2006, 09:47 PM

Default RE: BowMender help. (WWAG)

It should press it easily. Which holes do you have the adjusting bolts in?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:21 PM

You might try lubing the reel and reel housing/frame area where they make contact. There is no bearings in those areas and they need to be lubed or galling can occur. The ratchet has a limited life. If this doesn't help, e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 12-31-2006, 06:26 AM

You might want to try to reset the ratchet /strap so that there is noexcess strap turned on ratchet before you stand it upright andstart to press. I've noticed that if I have alot of turns of the strap on the ratchet befor I even styart to press it's real hard to press.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:01 AM

I have thebolts in the middle (3rd)bolt hole. I tried for the4th hole (if starting at the bottom as the first hole) but it touches the cams even before I begin to press.

As far as the reel goes, I haven't tried lube, I could give it a try. It just presses my Trykon so smooth that it is hard for me to believe it is a lubrication issue.

Bowjunkie, that is definitely good advice, I just don't think that is the problem either. I basically start with as much slack out of the ratchet as I can.

Well guys, I will try these few things, but again, I might be coming back for more help. [:@]

It just builds soo much tension it is almost scary to even press this bow. I am afraid I am going to either bend the riser or snap the limbs. It is even scary when I try to take the bow down. I am afraid my finger is going to get chopped off.

Keep on thinking guys.

Thanks for your help though.

Dave
Old 12-31-2006, 09:35 AM

What is the peak draw weight on your bow?
Old 12-31-2006, 09:36 AM

What is the peak draw weight on your bow?
Old 12-31-2006, 12:46 PM

The limbs are rated at 60-70, but at the current moment, I don't have a scale to check what the actualpeak weightis with the limb bolts bottomed out.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:17 PM

Did you lube the ratchet and see any improvement? I've never had anyone ask for assistence with the strength of the ratchet but I can send you a larger ratchet and strap for more leverage. Just let me know

E-mail is [email protected]
Old 12-31-2006, 04:03 PM

I haven't had a chance to try and lube the ratchet yet, but I will try tonight before we have company over for New Years Eve.

I might take ya up on the offer for a bigger ratchet. . .I just can't get over how tough these limbs seem to be pressed.

You don't think I have anything to worry about do ya? As far as the structural partof the bow? I will put the screws to her with a bigger ratchet, I just don't want to go overboard though.

I'll report back to ya in a few minutes once I get done messin' around.

Quick Reply: BowMender help. (WWAG)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.