HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Blazer vanes 2" vs Quick spin 2" (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/172428-blazer-vanes-2-vs-quick-spin-2-a.html)

jackdee 12-29-2006 07:34 AM

Blazer vanes 2" vs Quick spin 2"

for the past 2 seasons I have used 2" Blazer vanes fleched straight.My arrows fly great with fixed broadheads. I'm being told that quick spin vanes can improve my arrow flight even better. Has anyone had any experiance with the quick spin 2" vanes? I know someone will say dont fix it if its not broken but this sport of ours is a game of inch's and if I can get just alittle more of an edge I would like that. Please if anyone has info let me knowTHANKS
jackdee

wihunter402 12-29-2006 08:31 AM

RE: Blazer vanes 2" vs Quick spin 2"

I tried the full length quick spins and found them to be not what I wanted. One passthru of a target and they were all messed up. I think the blazers are much better and will continue to use them. Give them a try if you like but when you have to refletchit is a pain to get all of them off the arrow.

jackdee 12-29-2006 09:42 AM

thanks for the info wilhunter. Like I said I had NO Problems with the blazers

Bigpapascout 12-29-2006 10:53 AM

i would stick with the blazers:)

t3 12-29-2006 12:00 PM

if your wanting more spin just fletch the blazers with a right helical and they work just fine.

jackdee 12-29-2006 05:09 PM

thank you Gents for your input
jackdee

BUCKSdigME 12-30-2006 11:55 AM

or if you want more spin just go with the quikspins:D

jackdee 12-30-2006 01:07 PM

thanks abgain gents Im going to stick with the blazers I'll try a test arrow with the helical that might work thanks again for your help
jackdee

aboyer 12-30-2006 05:25 PM

I shot the Blazers for 2 years and really good luck with them. Never had the adhesion issues everyone talks about. Had tried quickspins before and between the cost, lack of durability and the drop I experienced after about 25 yards decided to go back to the Blazers.

I decided to try the new QS Speedhunters based on a recommendation from my proshop. I shot them all hunting season. Found them to be pretty durable on both targets and animals. I got great flight with Striker broadheads and CX MAxima Hunters and these vanes. I'm sticking with them for now.

drhoyt 12-31-2006 01:13 PM

i use blazers and have had them go thruogh the target many times and they are as good as new. i have only had one tare from an arrow hiting it.