Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Blazer vanes 2" vs  Quick spin 2" >

Blazer vanes 2" vs Quick spin 2"

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazer vanes 2" vs Quick spin 2"

Old 01-01-2007, 07:57 AM

Default RE: Blazer vanes 2" vs Quick spin 2"

I honestly can't see what you are gaining using blazers fletched straight? The advantage of using blazers is they are a harder compound and more stiff. Thus they don't flex as much as regular vanes when they spin. So technically they will catch more air than a regular vane when fletched with an offset or helical. So you can use a smaller profile vane with the same results as a softer larger one.

If you are fletching them straight you might as well use regular vanes in my opinion. They will be cheaper and more forgiving as far as abuse or contact issues go. Or use feathers, they work very well when fletched straight because they have a natural curve to them and will spin anyway.

Try fletching your blazers with a very slight offset, I think you will be impressed.

Paul
Old 01-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

Im using the quickspins and will be trying out the blazers after season here. I like the QS alot but they do not hold up very well at all. You shoot too far into a target and they are messed up bad. Hit them with another arrow and the same thing.

Don
Old 01-01-2007, 11:32 AM

I've tried both Quick Spins and Blazers. They both work well. The Blazers, with a right helical, I found to be very good. The QS's worked
well but, as has been noted, were not very durable and very expensive.
I took two does and a decent 9 pt buck in Illinois this season with the Blazers and the vanes were not effected. Just cleaned the arrows off, changed the blades on my Muzzy BH's and putthem back in my quiver.