Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Short release for guy w/ short DL >

Short release for guy w/ short DL

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Short release for guy w/ short DL

Old 12-30-2006, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Short release for guy w/ short DL

The Winn Free Flight Glove Release is what I have been using for many years .
I shoot with a 26 inch draw and the Winn works flawlessly for me....I use a D-loop with the C-10 model release and Geary at Winn Free Flight also makes a model designed for shooting off a D-loop.....I prefer to shoot with the trigger located in the 1st crease of the index finger located after the fingertip.
There are many releases you could use a few that come to mind are ...... for a hand held T type release example : TRU Ball Pro Diamond....has a thumb trigger and is quiet with a swiveling head.

Wrist Strap release look at a release with an ajustable head strap so you can ajust the head farther back so you can get the trigger deeper into the crease of the index finger... example : TRU Ball Copperhead.

I stay away myself from the releases with the swept forward triggers it puts the trigger to far away from the crease in my finger and makes it so I would have to shoot the trigger with my finger tip.
By putting the trigger back in the crease of the index finger it alows me to place the finger on the trigger and apply pressure insuring I squeeze off the shot and not punch the trigger.... I also prefer a heavey trigger that I can squeeze the shot off... the featherlight hairtrigger just causes me to want to punch the trigger..... I feel its because we may become so afraid of touching the hairtrigger cause we know if we do it will go off before were ready so it may teach us to punch the trigger and or create target panic... or we fear that the trigger is so light it will go off if it accidently touches our face mask, glove etc when we are hunting.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Short release for guy w/ short DL

I have a 25" DL and use Scott Little Goose. works great for me.