HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Anyone still using bodoodle rest? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/172065-anyone-still-using-bodoodle-rest.html)

DaveC 12-27-2006 02:28 AM

Anyone still using bodoodle rest?

I know they went out of business, but there are still used ones to be had and new ones on some websites that never sold.

I'm looking to go back to a fixed rest on my Patriot for next year and the WB is out of the question- the bow tuned & shot great with it, I just can't get past the noise during the draw ( & yes I shoot slick carbons).
I thought the quick tune 360 was the answer, but the "new shine" seems to have faded fast to those using it.

So now I'm thinking Bo-doodle. Do they have enough clearance for blazer vanes and is anyone still using them?

Bigpapascout 12-27-2006 06:45 AM

RE: Anyone still using bodoodle rest?

I have a bodoodle pro for sale
and yes there is plenty of clearance for the blazers

Paul L Mohr 12-27-2006 07:18 AM

I have a bodoodle and love it, but I can't get it to work well enough with vanes. My last arrows I fletched up I used blazers and had to switch back to my drop zone to use them. And I even shoot 2213 arrows.

My problem is if I get the fletchings to clear the blades one hits the cables. If I shoot feathers I get a slight amount of contact on one of the blades, but it doesn't effect flight in the least. I love feathers and blades.

My next arrows will be feathers again and the bodoodle will going back on.

Mine is not for sale!;) Sorry.

Paul

longcut36 12-27-2006 07:31 AM

good news. bodoodle has been bought and is getting ready to reopen. just in time as I need some parts.

t roy 12-27-2006 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: longcut36

good news. bodoodle has been bought and is getting ready to reopen. just in time as I need some parts.
that is good news. i have a timberdoodle on my fx, i like it.

ArrowMike 12-27-2006 10:54 PM

Who bought them?

Dairy King 12-28-2006 01:03 AM

Well when they went out of business, CP Oneida Eagle Bows bought all the remaining stock. I didnt know they were bought though, and are reopening?

longcut36 12-28-2006 10:21 AM

I saw on another web that Blaine Earlywine in Carlisle Ky. bought bodoodle and was getting ready to go in to production. I hope so

JOE PA 12-28-2006 01:40 PM

Dave: You may want to look into Bigpapa's rest. I also liked the HHA Techniglide rests. They seem to hold the arrow on the rest very nicely. I found that they were pretty quiet to draw, even with Carbon Tech Cheetahs, the arrow that got me to stop using the WB too. The part I like about those rests is that they flex straight down, not down and in like many of the Bodoodle rests. Adjustments seem to be pretty straight forward. I am liking my drop aways, or else I would probably go back to them. JMHO

Bullet Bob 12-28-2006 03:32 PM

I have a Bodoodle Pro-lite I've been using for aboutfive years now, first on a Legacy, and now on an Outback. It has never been anything but dead-on--easy to tune, and once there, always there. I tried two differant fall-aways, butto a limited extent (just so you know) but couldn't get the 100% consistancy I got with the pro-lite when it came to differant shooting conditions, or arrow configurations.I only hunt out to 40 yards, but practice up to70 yards some, and 60 a lot, and equal credit goes to the rest, as to bow and toform, and all-around tuning, for the satisfaction I recieve in return.I also consider it as near to 100% quiet as a rest can be. This is just my personal experiance with that rest (my rest)...not trying to sell you on one, but for me it'sbeen a real "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" experience over the long term.