Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Anyone still using bodoodle rest? >

Anyone still using bodoodle rest?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone still using bodoodle rest?

Old 12-27-2006, 02:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone still using bodoodle rest?

I know they went out of business, but there are still used ones to be had and new ones on some websites that never sold.

I'm looking to go back to a fixed rest on my Patriot for next year and the WB is out of the question- the bow tuned & shot great with it, I just can't get past the noise during the draw ( & yes I shoot slick carbons).
I thought the quick tune 360 was the answer, but the "new shine" seems to have faded fast to those using it.

So now I'm thinking Bo-doodle. Do they have enough clearance for blazer vanes and is anyone still using them?

Old 12-27-2006, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone still using bodoodle rest?

I have a bodoodle pro for sale
and yes there is plenty of clearance for the blazers
Old 12-27-2006, 07:18 AM

I have a bodoodle and love it, but I can't get it to work well enough with vanes. My last arrows I fletched up I used blazers and had to switch back to my drop zone to use them. And I even shoot 2213 arrows.

My problem is if I get the fletchings to clear the blades one hits the cables. If I shoot feathers I get a slight amount of contact on one of the blades, but it doesn't effect flight in the least. I love feathers and blades.

My next arrows will be feathers again and the bodoodle will going back on.

Mine is not for sale! Sorry.

Paul
Old 12-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Spike

good news. bodoodle has been bought and is getting ready to reopen. just in time as I need some parts.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: longcut36

good news. bodoodle has been bought and is getting ready to reopen. just in time as I need some parts.
that is good news. i have a timberdoodle on my fx, i like it.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

Who bought them?
Old 12-28-2006, 01:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well when they went out of business, CP Oneida Eagle Bows bought all the remaining stock. I didnt know they were bought though, and are reopening?
Old 12-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Spike

I saw on another web that Blaine Earlywine in Carlisle Ky. bought bodoodle and was getting ready to go in to production. I hope so
Old 12-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave: You may want to look into Bigpapa's rest. I also liked the HHA Techniglide rests. They seem to hold the arrow on the rest very nicely. I found that they were pretty quiet to draw, even with Carbon Tech Cheetahs, the arrow that got me to stop using the WB too. The part I like about those rests is that they flex straight down, not down and in like many of the Bodoodle rests. Adjustments seem to be pretty straight forward. I am liking my drop aways, or else I would probably go back to them. JMHO
Old 12-28-2006, 03:32 PM

I have a Bodoodle Pro-lite I've been using for aboutfive years now, first on a Legacy, and now on an Outback. It has never been anything but dead-on--easy to tune, and once there, always there. I tried two differant fall-aways, butto a limited extent (just so you know) but couldn't get the 100% consistancy I got with the pro-lite when it came to differant shooting conditions, or arrow configurations.I only hunt out to 40 yards, but practice up to70 yards some, and 60 a lot, and equal credit goes to the rest, as to bow and toform, and all-around tuning, for the satisfaction I recieve in return.I also consider it as near to 100% quiet as a rest can be. This is just my personal experiance with that rest (my rest)...not trying to sell you on one, but for me it'sbeen a real "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" experience over the long term.

Quick Reply: Anyone still using bodoodle rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.