HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Drenalin broke while shooting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/171675-drenalin-broke-while-shooting.html)

DaveC 12-25-2006 04:41 PM

RE: Drenalin broke while shooting

The amount of energy we hold in one hand at full draw is a lot more than most realize. I have yet to have a bow come undone while shooting and hope I never do, It can't be fun to live through.

Len in Maryland 12-25-2006 05:37 PM

You're right Dave, it isn't "fun to live through."[:@] I've had a lot of them come apart in my career. I've had a riser break in half and come close to taking my head off. I've had a limb break on an 80# bow andalmost take my hand off. In fact, it cut my wrist so bad I almost had to go to the hospital and bruised my arm from the wrist almost to the elbow. It hurt for almost two weeks and it took a month for the bruise to disappear. Compared to those two the others are soon forgotten.;)

That's why we inspect every bow that's handed to us by a customer and why we always try to keep a fully drawn bow pointed in a safe direction.

ArrowMike 12-25-2006 11:56 PM

Dont you think if ups or fedextossed a box around enough to dammage the limbs that the box it would be destroyed? I know that when we received stuff at work that is broke the box is toasted!!!
I work in manufacturing and i see a far share of new products that have flaws to start. Im not saying that all the bows are bad, but you might see it takes some time to get the limbs down. Its posibale that it was 1 in a 1,000,000 Time will tell.
And even though it will get fixed by mathews would you be happy that you have to send your new bow to be fixed after spending $750+ To be punched in the face by you new bow. I would be pissed!

Pat Curtis 12-26-2006 05:53 PM

The cam on my SBXT brokein September..scary as hell. Hurt too.

Mathews did set me up though...and I'm very happy with my bow now.

Bigpapascout 12-27-2006 07:59 AM

dont suprise me in the least
it is a Mathews, notirious for limb failures.

Not trying to bash Mathews just stating common known fact

wihunter402 12-27-2006 10:11 AM

Very scary. Glad the guy is ok. That picture on page 2 is just unreal. At least it stayed together enough so that the limb did not hit him.

TerryM 12-27-2006 01:11 PM

I wouldn't worry about buying a Mathews bow because of that. I might wonder about the new limb design if I heard about it happening again but one incident does not constitute a problem to me. And I shoot a Bowtech beievr it or not;)

gutshot 12-27-2006 01:16 PM

BigPapa I'm wondering where you got your data that Mathews were notoriuos for limb failure or is this just your opinion?

KBacon 12-27-2006 01:49 PM

BigPapa I'm wondering where you got your data that Mathews were notoriuos for limb failure or is this just your opinion?
It's funny how soon people forget...

A few years back... every other thread was regarding a bad limb on a Mathews...Mathew's was notorious for only replacing the affected limb.. instead of the whole set.

Wonder if Mathews will replace both limbs on that Drenaline? Or just one?