HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Stealth stabilizer video review! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/171052-stealth-stabilizer-video-review.html)

stealthman 12-19-2006 09:11 PM

Stealth stabilizer video review!

Check out this new video review of a six inch Stealth stabilizer!
They actually hit a bow riser with a "HAMMER" to show just how effective a Stealth stabilizer is at absorbing shock and quieting a bow!

http://www.downsouthhuntingforums.co...ic.php?t=10543

Washington Hunter 12-19-2006 09:34 PM

RE: Stealth stabilizer video review!

It definitely shows what a quality stabalizer can do to quiet your bow down.

Very cool video.

Greg / MO 12-19-2006 09:59 PM

Like most long-time archers, I've went through a myriad of stablizers in testing, tuning and tweaking -- my three t's. :)

At the first of the year in '06, I was swapping back and forth between four different bows, all with different stablizers. I ended up settling on a favorite: my Allegiance with the six-inch Stealth.

I'll soon be contacting Jerry to order another for my new Guardian that's coming in as well. It reminds me of someone else who's been discussed quite frequently here lately: Great person offering great personalized customer service with a fantastic product!

Stealth stabilizers are dipped at Bowtech's Waterdog dipping facility, and the finish for me has been tough-as-nails, and flawless in its transfer. It also perfectly matches Bowtech and Mathews bows, as well as a host of others.

The 60/40 weight dispersion allows the user to achieve a different "feel" merely by flipping the stab around and screwing the other end into the riser. Its proprietary mixture inside deadens sound as well as anything I've found yet.

I have no affiliation with the company other than a happy customer, but I can highly recommend this stabilizer!

stealthman 12-20-2006 05:35 AM

Greg,I hate to tell ya this after your great post but,I no longer have them in Mossy Oak.........went to RealTree Hardwoods green and the RealTreeHardwoods.
The liscensing fees are kinda pricy forthe "little guy" so,I ended up going with the RealTree patterns for now.
I do still have Water-Dog (BowTech) doing the camo dipping on my stabilizers and Yes, they do an awsome job on them!

Jerry

Rick James 12-20-2006 05:53 AM

I want to hear more about that bow stand product you were talking about last winter that is for standing the bow up on its own when in a blind. Can you share more info and pics on that?

Thanks!!

~Matt

Elkcrazy8 12-20-2006 06:41 AM

RJ, Here is a pic ofa bipod that I used antelope hunting last year. They work awesome.

Greg / MO 12-20-2006 06:43 AM

Jerry, I was aware you didn't carry them in Mossy Oak anymore; I guess I keep forgetting that most people buy their Bowtechs in that standard color... I always order mine in Hardwoods HD.

Have you thought about offering as your two choices Hardwoods HD and the Mossy Oak Obsession which would match all the stock Mathews and BowTech offerings, and even the most popular upgrade option for the Bowtechs? That way, you'd for sure have two of the "Big 3" covered, and I would think HD would look pretty good on the Hoyts too.

PABowhntr 12-20-2006 07:15 AM

Would you guys believe that, after all this time and all this gear, that I have yet to actually try a Stealth stabilizer on one of my bows. I guess now is as good a time as any to give one a go. What size would you guys suggest for a 3D stabilizer for my Commander?

muzzyman88 12-20-2006 09:10 AM

I had one on my Allegiance last year for a little while. My only issue was that the 8" was way too heavy for me on that bow regardless of which way to put it on. The parallel limb bows are already top heavy enough without a stab. However, they are a quality stab and depending on which bow I end up with for 07, just might have one back on it.

Mike from Texas 12-20-2006 09:21 AM

I have 2 Stealths for my bows a 4" & a 6" and while they work great, I find that on my hunting rigs I realy don't even need one so I just quit using them to help save weight. I really don't think the new bows need them, especially in most hunting situations where shots are around 20 yards or so. I can't imagine the Guardian or Commander needing one for sure. I also have custom STS systems on both my bows as well.

I'm not trying to take any sales away from Jerry because he does make an outstanding product, I'm just offering my 2 cents worth.