Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 2007 HOYT/REFLEX Reviews cont (38Ultra, 38Pro, Vulcan, Reflex Rampage) >

2007 HOYT/REFLEX Reviews cont (38Ultra, 38Pro, Vulcan, Reflex Rampage)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2007 HOYT/REFLEX Reviews cont (38Ultra, 38Pro, Vulcan, Reflex Rampage)

Old 12-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: More 2007 HOYT/REFLEX Reviews!!!

Thanks

Looks like the 38 Ultra and Pro are designed specifically for targets,especially 3-d.

Slight rock back should mean that with a long stabilizer,it should be dead in your hand,or maybe the slight lunge forward that alot of target shooters prefer.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:38 AM

Default RE: 2007 HOYT/REFLEX Reviews cont (38Ultra, 38Pro, Vulcan, Reflex Rampage)

i know you did similar reviews on the new mathews and the vetrix. i currently shoot an xt of which i really like and has been good to me but i trade in and buy a new bow every year. i have never owned anything but a mathews but i am not apposed to trying something new. 1st i shot the drenilin and it seemed to have a noticable hand shock and string buzz. it also seemed to want to jump out of my hand at full draw. then i shot the vetrix it was a 60 @ 28 draw. at first i didn't like how it broke over, it was a little harsh but i got use to it and once i got use to it i really like how it held at full draw. it really seemed to hold easy and stready. the hand shock was noticable less than the drenilin or the xt which i shot next just to shoot it as well. the vetrix also seemed to be faster than the drenilin as well. to make a long story short i really, really like the vetrix and will probably get one. the one question i have is does 70lbs pull harder on the vetrix than say the xt or drenilin because i currently shoot 70lbs and it did seem a little harder to break over than most 60lbs bow. but it sure did rip them in there. the guy working wasn't very helpfull at all and that is probably why i have always shot a mathews is we have a dealer that here in oklahoma that really is personable and sets the bow up to fit you and makes sure it is right before you leave. he doesn't rush you out the door. when your drop 900$ you expect them to work a little for ya and make sure you are happy.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:40 PM

Default RE: 2007 HOYT/REFLEX Reviews cont (38Ultra, 38Pro, Vulcan, Reflex Rampage)

Rush Creek, I personally feel the Vectrix at 70lbs is plenty smooth, not quite as smooth as the XT but plenty smooth. You would be satisfied with a Vectrix.