Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Archery tuning

Old 12-03-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Archery tuning

hey guys i want my bow to be basically dead on. Im going to be using a copper john deadnuts sight setup for 10,20,30,40 yards and a whisker biskit droptine arrow rest what are some ways to make the bow shoot 2-4 inch groups and be consistent and forgiving?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Spike

Default RE: Archery tuning

have your bow tuned up at a good bow shop. then join a local archery club and watch, listen and ask questions. ever club i have been in have always been willing to help. you can get some good info. at archery clubs.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:04 PM

Paper tune and use proper form. Good luck.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:30 PM

go to eastons site & down load their tuning manual .
after you get your bow tuned with paper (close) then you walk back tune it.
first make sure your arrows match your setup . spine,weight,etc. http://www.eastonarchery.com/ click downloads it free.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:15 PM

hey guys for some reason it wont let me see the tuning thing. How would u guys go about paper tuning. And also what kinda arrows would u use for a 60 pound bow with 100 grain points and 75% let off.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is only one way to make a bow shoot consistently. That is to learn good repeatable shooting form. Get it ingrained into your mind and body. The best way to accomplish this is to join a club and get a good coach or shooting buddy from the target ranks.

Along the way you'll pick up all the goodies you need to learn about tuning. And then tune your equipment.

Really, tuning is futile until you have at least repeatable form because to be able to tune you have to have some consistency. You can have arrows that are grossly out of spine tolerance for your bow and they will still group, but if you can't shoot then nothing will happen right.

It all is part of a process of getting better over time. There is no one thing that is all that much more important than others. It takes time and perseverence.