HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   lumenok x lighted nock (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/168246-lumenok-x-lighted-nock.html)

t3 12-03-2006 04:05 PM

lumenok x lighted nock

will the lumenok x lighted nick for axis arrows fit the st epics?

Gut Check 12-03-2006 04:57 PM

RE: lumenok x lighted nock

Here is the product description on Cabelas page. I also attached the link to the webpage for your review. To answer your question, though, it appears they will work for you.

The Lumenok X lights up instantly with shot inertia, and stays lit, so you can track your arrow to your target and find it easily after dark. It glows for up to 40 hours until switched off, and it only adds 22 grains to the weight of your arrow. It replaces the nock of the ST Axis, ST Axis Obsession, Black Max MFX, and MAX-4 MFX.
Available: Single pack, Three pack.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...063&hasJS=true

animalized 12-06-2006 12:22 PM

Well, I wonder what the difference is between a Lumenok X and a regular Lumenok?? I'm asking because I have a regular Lumenok and I also shoot ST Epics but that Lumenok WILL NOT fit into the shafts of the ST's. Lumenok says you can shave the diameter of the lumenok so that it will fit, but at the price of them lumenoks, are they going to replace it if you screw it up??

** Just to update on this. After I posted this, I said what the heck. I took my Lumenok and carefully shaved down the diameter of the nok shaft, using a Dremel Tool. Wasn't real tricky and didn't take long. The trickiest part was getting RIGHT close the the bottom of the nock itself, where shaft meets nock. Once I got that down to a decent size, the Lumenok fit perfect into the ST Epic arrows. Although I haven't shot it yet, I can tell by simply using my fingers to apply slight pressure, that the force of the shot should make it light up. I'll be able to test it more on Sunday.

steelerzzz 12-06-2006 07:06 PM

Lumenok x nocks are to be used with small diameter carbon shafts that also use the HIT insert system! (the nocks on these arrows are called x-nocks) I use the lumenok x-nocks on Beman black max arrows. I have shot 2 bucks with them and both times they failed to light up. I'm about ready to abort the lumenoks.

cjsportsman 12-09-2006 10:07 AM

I shot them with the axis arrow and hated them. They did light up but to turn them off was a real pain. I had to use my leatherman. There is another co. that makes them and uses a magnet to turn on/off. I think its called tracer lighted nocks. I haven't tried them yet.

Corvus 12-11-2006 08:26 AM

I've used regular Lumenocks on my vertical bow and I've used Tracer Arrow nocks on my crossbow. I definitely prefer the magnet method that the tracer uses to light the nock. I have never had it fail to turn on and it turns them off a lot easier than "wiggling" the Lumenock. I have had a few times where I couldn't get my Tracer to turn off, though, and I had to unscrew it and unseat the battery and then put it back together. Not the greatest, but no tools needed. The company offered to replace the ones that were giving me trouble, but I declined. It's not that big a deal to me. If I needed to use my Leatherman every time, it would be, though!

YooperMike 12-11-2006 08:40 AM

I use the X-nock lumenocs on with my Full Metal Jackets and they have performed well. It was a real pain in the ass to the nock inserted the first time, like I thought I was going to definetely break it, but once I got it in and loosened up a little, it has worked well. I have nocked and un-nocked it lots of times and now it is pretty loose and works even better.

ijimmy 12-11-2006 04:55 PM

If you went at them with a dremel , you might improve their tolerances , Im not impressed with them , and yes Ive shot them , they impart very poor arrow flight , switch back to easton nocks , and get straight lazer beem flight .