Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mathews Drenalin vs Hoyt Vectrix XL (REVIEW) >

Mathews Drenalin vs Hoyt Vectrix XL (REVIEW)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Drenalin vs Hoyt Vectrix XL (REVIEW)

Old 12-01-2006, 02:31 PM

Default RE: Mathews Drenalin vs Hoyt Vectrix XL (REVIEW)

PA Hardwoods you totally correct about the Mathews having all that vibration stuff. S coils weren't in my test and Limb savers type vibration and string leechestype materialswere on the Vectrix and not on my Mathews when I tested it.

No bones here if your'e happy that's cool like I said it's my .02 not your. Either of these bows are great products.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

PA you might want to thinkabout doing this fora living. I shot both this week side by sideand agree 100% with you.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:22 AM

ORIGINAL: ArrowMike

PA you might want to thinkabout doing this fora living. I shot both this week side by sideand agree 100% with you.
Thanks ArrowMike I appreciate that. Lets just call it a passion of mine. Ok its an addiction.[8D]Professional Bow Tester, that has a nice ring to it. In all seriousness I just try to give my honest opinion when I do these little reviews. I am not attached at all to any bow company at all. I try to look over the things most of us care about when purchasing a bow. I plan going out and shooting as many brands as models as I can this year and doing some more reviews to share on this forum. So what bows would you guys like to see reviewed?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Put on an sts on the Mathews and see which one would win your shootout....

I shot them both the other day and I thought the Mathews was a better shooting bow. Coming from a guy who has been sick of Mathews this Mathews that for years....

Here is a copy paste from an earlier post......

I also went and shot the bows last night..

I have owned a few Hoyts over the past few years (Xtec, Vipertec, Protec,Vtec, supertec)

I can tell you I didn't care much for the vectrix. The no vibration claims are absurd.... It has the same "tuning fork" feel in the riser after the shot just like the Trykon does... (even with the imitation STS) The bow didn't have much "jump" at all but the vibration was out of control.

Also the noise the draw stop peg makes hitting the cables is out of control, no matter how easily you pull the stop into the cables....

All the cams are is a toned down version of the spiral cams.....

I will say however it is a beautiful bow.

The Drenaline had a smoother draw then the Vectrix. Also much less riser vibration. However it did have more "jump" after the shot than the Vectrix. It's valley and wall wasn't the greatest however. I felt the wall was to spongy for my tastes...

All in all I would say they both have some catching up to do.... The 07 Allegiance was a superior bow in my hands. This is just my opinion though........

Old 12-03-2006, 10:28 AM

Buckeye, I have seen what an STS can do for a bow and don't doubt for one minute that it could really quiet the Drenalin down. I am just reporting on how the bows come from the factory with minimal additions. This is just my honest opinion and take it for what it's worth. I think I did state somewhere that the Drenalin could be quieted down and vibration reduced. Not sure if it was on this thread or some other one somewhere. Now as for the 2007 Bowtech Allegiance and the Gardian and Commander I am really anxious to get my hands on these bows and put them through their paces. Gotta love new bow season!
Old 12-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

[:'(]
Old 12-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great review Chad.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:42 PM

I can tell you I didn't care much for the vectrix. The no vibration claims are absurd.... It has the same "tuning fork" feel in the riser after the shot just like the Trykon does... (even with the imitation STS) The bow didn't have much "jump" at all but the vibration was out of control.

Also the noise the draw stop peg makes hitting the cables is out of control, no matter how easily you pull the stop into the cables....

All the cams are is a toned down version of the spiral cams.....

I will say however it is a beautiful bow.
post that over on AT your a dead man ![X(] they love their hoyts !
Old 12-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

ORIGINAL: Grandviewer

Great review.

My only thing to add to it is if you add all the vibration stuff that comes with the Vectrix and put it on the drenalin you would not have the hand shock and noise, your test then would be apples to apples. Just my .02.

Personally I have ordered the drenalin after testing both and I just sold my bowtech Allegiance to support the purchase of the Mathews.
Hate to break this to you Grandview but those things Mathews calls vibration dampners that they have all over their bows does classify as vibration stuff. I shot the Vectrix with just the stock silencers that came on it, nothing else. While the Drenalin had all of their vibration dampners and string dampners along with a sims s-coil stabilizer and it still had more hand shock and vibration than the Vectrix.To me it was basically an even test concerning vibration and noise elimination products on each bow. Look at a photo of both bows, it pretty much evens out.
PA, if you hadn't said all of this I would have.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:01 PM

post that over on AT your a dead man ![X(] they love their hoyts !
It's obvious to me they do here also. And not the sharing of some real opinions.

Quick Reply: Mathews Drenalin vs Hoyt Vectrix XL (REVIEW)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.