HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   string chub worn off (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/167496-string-chub-worn-off.html)

davs2601 11-29-2006 11:47 AM

string chub worn off

Hello every one, im new to bow hunting and I have a question. Is it normal for a string chub to wear? It seems to me that the bow is out of tune or something. Its a brand new PSE Bruin and I bought it about 4 months ago. I have practiced alot with it, but the upper string chub is wearing from where it is hitting the string upon release. Any advice would be appreciated

RIStrutStopper 11-29-2006 06:47 PM

RE: string chub worn off

Okay, I gotta ask, what is a string chub? If I knew what it was, maybe I would know if it was normal to wear :D

Kanga 11-29-2006 06:53 PM

I gotta ask, what is a string chub?
It's that thingamajig[8D];):):D

Greg / MO 11-29-2006 06:57 PM

No, no... it's the whatchmacallit beside the doohickey!

Kanga 11-29-2006 06:59 PM

No, no... it's the whatchmacallit beside the doohickey!
Greg I hate to argue with ya but ya wrong AGAIN:):D

BGfisher 11-29-2006 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

Okay, I gotta ask, what is a string chub? If I knew what it was, maybe I would know if it was normal to wear :D
I read the original question a while ago and moved on. String Chub? 32 years of compound bows and never heard the word. I figured ithad to beone of Mathew's latest and greatest inventions, or Hoyt or Bowtech.

davs2601 11-29-2006 08:03 PM

WOW....well I guess nevermind. I have spent the past few weeks reading through these forums and learned a great deal. yeah Im new to bow hunting...you got me there. No need to act like im retarded I thought thats what those things were called. They are vibration dampners that are on bow strings. From now on I guess Ill keep my stupid questions to myself....THANKS

davs2601 11-29-2006 08:05 PM

OH I guess they are called string leeches...sorry to offend the bow hunting community

s_heater 11-29-2006 08:06 PM

the string chub is P.S.E.'s version of a leach and one that is nice about them is that as they loose their effectivness they will detiorate which tells you it is time to replace them other verions dont show any sign so every one thinks are fine but they may have worn out long before

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-29-2006 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: davs2601

OH I guess they are called string leeches...sorry to offend the bow hunting community
Hey now, welcome to the forums, no one is offended, they are having fun with it...it's hard to see the emotion but trust me, it's funny.