HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Finger shooter looking into a Vectrix XL. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/167474-finger-shooter-looking-into-vectrix-xl.html)

gibsonhoyt 11-29-2006 09:47 AM

Finger shooter looking into a Vectrix XL.

I am in the market for a new bow I have been shooting a Hoyt Impulse and it is time to upgrade. I have not made it to the pro shop yet to shoot any bows but from what I can see on all the Forums that the faviorite is the new Vectrix. Being I am a finger shooter would the XL at 36" AtoA be to short? Any one with experience on this?

timbow2 11-29-2006 08:58 PM

RE: Finger shooter looking into a Vectrix XL.

I would think it would be too short. I guess depending on your draw lenght. Im a finger shooter and anything under 40 in give me too much finger pinch for a clean release. plus I would thing the cams on the vetrix would be a little to aggressive for fingers. I would look at the Hoyt montega ( I think thats what its called) that made more for a finger shooter. And the wheel and a half cam would be the better choice over the cam and a half.
Pretty much all the hot bows are designed for release aid shooters. which really stinks for us finger shooters. But money talks...

Sniper151 11-30-2006 08:13 AM

I was once told to add 12" to your draw length to establishthe axle to axle length. It works for me.

bowjunkie2 11-30-2006 08:21 AM

I've shot bows at 36 and my current one is 37 1/4. I shoot one over and two under then drop the bottom finger at full draw for a cleaner release and less finer pinch.I also practice alot so I'm use to agressive cams ans short finger bows.It can be done.

Arthur P 12-01-2006 09:07 AM

I like that 'add 12" to your draw length' rule for fingers shooters. Don't remember ever hearing that one before.

I once saw a guy on the cover of a 3D magazine shooting a short bow and using a ONE finger release. [:-]He dropped the index and ring fingers off the string andonly left the middle finger hooked under the nock. I've used the two finger release and it works well, but Ijust don't have the stones to try that one finger business.[&:]

If your draw length is short enough to be able to avoid string pinch with a 2-finger release, you'll be okay. It'd be your call though, based on how comfortable it is for you. However, I do suggest going with a 65% letoff if possible. It's just too easy to torque the string when you'vegot less than 20lbs tension on it.

Of course, it'd be hard to torque the string when using a one finger release, too. It probably works fine, just gives me the heebie-jeebies when I think about it.;)

lte_622 12-01-2006 05:25 PM

maybe look at the 38 series of bows by hoyt from what ive heard there some good shooters

gibsonhoyt 12-04-2006 07:41 AM

Well I had a chance to try some bows out on friday and I shot the Vectrix XL and it is 36" ATA. It felt very good, not much finger pinch at all. I tried out several other bows and the Vectrix is what I am going to take home!