Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Mathews?

Old 11-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default New Mathews?

Just went to the web sight, anybody got any info on the drenaline from mathews. It looks pretty mean. Can't wait to feel it shoot it and buy it. Let me know guys and gals $ 850.00 is alot of loot
Old 11-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Mathews?

I wouldn't put much worry into the MSRP $$ price. Shops will likely price that bow around the same price as Hoyt and Bowtech's top models.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:04 PM

Only thing I think matehews did this year is step up and make a lighter bow! Other then that its alot like the switchback!

I am currently shooting a Switchback and next year im considering the new Hoyt Vectrix!
Old 11-23-2006, 07:06 PM

they got it up to 320 fps IBO witch is a lot closer to bowtech's tribute. I saw one in a bow shop (dealers model, for show only) and held it in one hand and the ole switchback in the other. The new bow is lighter and thiner. the bow shop guy shot a 350 grain arrow through it and the speed tester (can't remember the darn things name) said its speed was 319 fps so its definantly up there. If I hadnt boughta new bow last year I just might get this one.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:21 PM

i shot it and personally didnt like it at all, im going with the vectrix. im not going into why i dont like it, ill just say make sure you shoot a bow before you buy it! shoot a couple!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

I seen it have not shot it yet but, if i was going to buy one I would buy the switchback and save the money. specs are almost identical except speed and wieght of bow. Was disapointed with the hole thing. i was hoping that they would come out with a 38 ATA switchback instead of this.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:21 AM

ORIGINAL: ArrowMike

i was hoping that they would come out with a 38 ATA switchback instead of this.
i was hoping for a 36", but i hear you bro!
Old 11-24-2006, 07:29 AM

actually, when i shot it i also shot the switchback and the swiitchback was nicer to shoot then the drenalin
Old 11-24-2006, 07:55 AM

I shot one at the local dealer's this week and it shoots differently than the switchback(I own one now), different personality I guess like any bow. The Price was down to $750 and yeah I know that's still alot of $$$$. It real was light to handle and very little hand shock or vibration. I would guess you'd put a small or light foreword stabilizer and no limb vibration stuff at all on it. The draw is smooth at 70# and has the speed thing going but it shot quiet too. Nothing wrong with it at all and I'd consider it if I where shopping for a bow next year.