HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Your kisser button (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/166515-your-kisser-button.html)

Rickmur 11-23-2006 04:13 AM

Your kisser button

Where do youpersonally anchor with it, in the corner of your mouth or under your nose? If under your nose, why there, is it a 2 eyes open thing, can you put your nose on the kisser and shot one eye open, does opposite eye dominence play into it. If you use a peep why the need for a kisser at all?

hunter_rlb27 11-23-2006 06:31 AM

RE: Your kisser button

HELLO! PERSONALLY I USE BOTH BECAUSE I LIKE THAT DOUBLE ANCHOR OR REFERENCE POINT. WHEN I STARTED USING BOTH MY ACCURACY INCREASED A GREAT DEAL SHOOTING TIGHTER GROUPS WHICH GAVE ME A GREAT DEAL OF CONFIDENCE. YOU SHOULD TRY IT!!! NEVER HURTS TO TRY!!!!

Rickmur 11-23-2006 10:46 AM

I have them both, just looking for opinions.

BGfisher 11-23-2006 09:20 PM

The kisser button has been around a long time. That's for sure. In many FITA and other target formats a peep is not allowed.

Now I'll make a staement based on a lot of years' experience. I know most guys anchor with a kisser button at the back corner of the mouth, right? Well, I'll be one to say this shows a draw length that is too long. Without getting real technical that's about the distance the arrow nock should be drawn back. The kisser button, being mounted about 1 1/2" above this will be forward of the nock at full draw. It's called a kisser button for a reason---kiss it---with the front of the lips. What do you think would happen if you KISS your wife or girl friend with the corner of your mouth?

Saying that I don't use one simply because I don't need that and a peep. It's just redundency and unnecessary weight on the string.

Rickmur 11-24-2006 09:17 AM

Agreed fisher and that's why I'm thinking of removing mine.

Windwalker7 11-26-2006 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

The kisser button has been around a long time. That's for sure. In many FITA and other target formats a peep is not allowed.

Now I'll make a staement based on a lot of years' experience. I know most guys anchor with a kisser button at the back corner of the mouth, right? Well, I'll be one to say this shows a draw length that is too long. Without getting real technical that's about the distance the arrow nock should be drawn back. The kisser button, being mounted about 1 1/2" above this will be forward of the nock at full draw. It's called a kisser button for a reason---kiss it---with the front of the lips. What do you think would happen if you KISS your wife or girl friend with the corner of your mouth?

Saying that I don't use one simply because I don't need that and a peep. It's just redundency and unnecessary weight on the string.
Funny you should mention this. I always shot with the kisser touching the front as you described. I have recently started wearing glasses.( I'm getting old)I can't see through the peep with the kisser touching the front of my lips. If I try, I am looking between the lenses and the glasses's frame on the bridge of my nose. I had to start putting the kisser in the corner of my mouth as to see through the glasses' lense properly.

BGfisher 11-28-2006 08:55 AM

Charles,

I get your point. I did the same thing years ago---wearing glasses that is. And what I was saying above is just a generalization. There are always cases for adjustments to fit the shooters' needs. Maybe in your case, and this is just a suggestion, it's time to remove the peep and go with just a kisser for hunting. Just something to think about.

I know I can shoot equally well out to 30 yards with either. I still hunt with a peep because it's 30+ years of being ingrained. But I have tested bows with nothing on the string but a nockset and shot 3" groups at 30 yards, and with bows that weren't even tuned. I didn't shoot farther than that as my purpose was just testing how the bows shot. It did get me to thinking, though, about maybe stripping the string and learn to shoot that way for hunting. That was three years ago. I'm still "thinking" about it.

GRIZZLYMAN 11-28-2006 11:20 AM

I use a peep and a kisser. I anchor the kisser at the corner of my mouth and like the string touching the right side of the tip of my nose.

animalized 11-28-2006 03:47 PM

I shot with a kisser button for years now until this year. This year I decided to remove it and try shooting without it . I wanted to do this because we bought some ScentLok headnets and I wanted to be able to shoot without having to move the headnet. I found that using a kisser button and hunting with a headnet, I had a hard time feeling the kisser button at my mouth. Well, I can honestly say that I wont be going back to a kisser button, and I also noticed that my bow shoots quieter now. I'll be working on switching the wife over after the season is done..

whitetailsoldier 11-28-2006 10:18 PM

I place my kisser in the corner of my mouth. This is where it feels most comfortable for me.
You can put it on your chin if you can shoot accurately((/))
/
/
"/ ":D